VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
I know some guys who never "gain the weight" but most usually do. Give it time. I'd say right around your last year of college, or first couple years of the "real world" is when I see most pack on the pounds.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Its partially hormonal, partially social, I'm guessing. I'm no doctor, I'm just saying what I've witnessed in my 28 years of life ;-)

Your metabolism just starts to slow. 18 is a big number, and around 20 is too. You aren't building systems anymore - you're maintaining, so your needs aren't as great.

My brother was an incurable stick boy for the first 20 years of his life. Now he's still on the thin side, but he can gain weight if he eats poorly where before he didn't.

funny story - my mom had a wheelchair at Disney because she twisted her ankle first day there.... near the end of their trip, she decided to get up and walk for a bit, so he sat in the chair to see how to use it.... he was SOOOO skinny he really did look like he had some problem with his legs.... so much so that some performers just bounced into the area (as they do at disney) and started to dance.... saw him, and decided to bring him into the performance, thinking they were giving some disabled child the time of their life.... lol. He was mortified and afraid to get out of the chair for hours, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.