VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loooove some people's reactions when I tell them I am veg...

Mu aunt was just FLOORED when I said I could eat pizza.

My mom: Let's order pizza!

Aunt: Oooh.. Cesca can't eat pizza!

Me: Uh, yeah I can.

My Bro: Yeah.. she can...

Aunt: WHAT?!?! *state of shock for a moment* How?!

Me: Without cheese...

Her: *pauses* Pizza is NOT a pizza without cheese!

Still tasty, though..

She also said, "NO FISH? Cheese? NOTHING! Maaan alive!" To which I respond, "No... fish alive.." hehe, I'm so corny!

So, I can't think of very many really good ones at the moment. When they come back to mind I'll post them. Hopefully you guys have much more entertaining ones.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My brother said the funniest thing to me once, "you can't have your cake and be a vegan too".

I also had an omni boyfriend who said that my shakes (shivers running up and down the spine that I get ALL the time) were due to my make-up not being tested on animals.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Yesterday vegetarianism came up at work, and though I SWEAR all of my coworkers had been told that I was a vegetarian, about five of them acted like they didn't know. The first thing out of one coworker's mouth was, "VEGETARIAN! That would be so gay if you weren't a girl!"

They then went on a long discussion about why more girls than guys seem to go veg and then revert, and there was also some mention of cultural expectations for what constitutes masculinity, etc. They didn't listen to me at all, and I really did have some important stuff to say. Urg. Well, at least they weren't TOO far off in their analysis of the cultural gender situation.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

Every Sunday night a group of my friends get together for a veggie dinner and music. I'm actually the only veg there, though there are two ex-veg*ns who are thinking about going back. Anyway, someone brought somebody new last night and during dinner one of the (many) omnis pretty much grilled her: "Are you a vegetarian? Why not? Haven't you ever thought about it? It's much healthier, you know. And it doesn't taste bad..."

He went on & on. It was pretty hilarious to hear the reverse of what we usually hear. And from an omni, no less.
It was odd, to say the least.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
" The first thing out of one coworker's mouth was, "VEGETARIAN! That would be so gay if you weren't a girl!""

----------------------

Some people apparently stop thinking at age 8 on the school play-ground. It's sad how many supposedly "educated" people there are with degrees for this and that and still can't manage to piece together an original unbiased thought.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You know, I know a lot of gay men (hard not to in L.A.), but not one of them is veg*n. In fact about 95% of them are extremely concerned about their looks and fitness and are still convinced the only way to bulk up and look studly is to eat meat (and to use lots of creatine).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts