VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I don't love threads that have the word "penis" in the title, but what are some funny names you have heard that you can't stop saying?

(This was inspired by my constantly hearing the name of Indiana Republican Senator Dick Lugar last night -- not to be confused with Dick Trickle or Indiana Pacers Assistant Coach Dick Harter)

Here are a couple names to get you started:

Uwe Blab (pronounced oo-vay-blob ; he is a German, former NBA basketball player)

Ansu Sesay (pronounced ann-sue-see-say ; another former NBA player)

Remember, these are fun-to-say names. Okay?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm really bad with names, I oftentimes forget my own. I guess I'm more of a face and boob person. Although, my sister taught a kid who's name was Cash. Oh, I tutored a 3rd grader who's name was Shamarko. Yeah I know, who'da thunk they'd let me tutor children.

~Wondre

ETA: You guys actually have signatures enabled? Odd. I figured most everyone would disable signatures so you didn't have to see the same text all the time. I guess I'm just weird.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
I've had students named "Dinty Moore" and "John Thomas."

One of my high school teachers was named Dick Cox.

Two kids named "Orangejello" and "Lemonjello" lived down the road from me (This is actually in a lot of urban legend references, and shouldn't be).

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I once taught children with these names:

Sim'Metrical

Syphillis (pronounced Si-Phillis)

Passion

Clitorus (how horrible is that???? he mum said she read it in a magazine)

I had a parent of one of my students named Female (pronounced Fe-Malee)

And I remeber when these babies were born as I read it in the local paper but sadly did not get to teach them:

Cassanova Romeo Love

Heaven Leigh Angel

Treasure Eileen

And there were twins Orangejello and Lemonjello who were from New Orleans (if memory serves) and played some sort of professional ball. So you are right, Nigel--that's not as much of an urban myth as people think.

Oh and Ima Hogg was considered one of the most famous women in texas history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg She didn't have a sister called Ura Hogg (that part is an urban myth)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My wife's father was named Richard Dicks. But people just called him Dick.

I know a guy named Rodney Richard [name withheld because he's a friend, but it starts with something that sounds like pole]. He loves it when we call him Rod Dickpole.

One of the most awesome names, like, EV-ER is a guy whose business card I could scan in to prove it. This man's name...Duff McCutcheon.

·
Baby Love
5,812 Posts
A couple people my firm works with have amusing names.

Mahenda Bender (say that 5 times fast). I love hearing people say her name. Its got a fun rythm to it.

Theres also the infamous Dick Roloff ('Roll-off'). Thats just wrong.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I know a Nigel Titt (made funnier by the posh British accent he has),

and a Charles Charles, Fahed Aboughezala (A-boo-gaz-el-a) and...

Dick Assman.

No seriously. He's from Regina and David Letterman was stalking him for awhile.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Now that I'm in the UK I check my hometown Louisiana newspaper online. Births last week who win the worst name awards:

Sparkle Uniqueand (I kid you not) Kadafi Napoleon. What the HELL where those people thinking?????

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.