VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.gaiaonline.com

Looks my need for a simplistic, free chat/ potential RP type of game has been found. I gave up on second life, I just don't have time to devote a whole lot of troubleshooting energy to a game.

Gaiaonline is a game where you get a highly customized chibi type char. who is able to roam about on scenery and do other things I havn't done yet.

If you come play, my name is Carmelito there. I'll be in the vegan and vegetarian guild.

Took me a while to get a name that wasn't taken, I went down like half of my char. list in my portfolio. I really wanted to play my Anissa char. on there because she's my favorite char. Ironically Carmelito is no longer in my portfolio because I havn't been able to bring that char back.

I think every char. name except Carmelito is taken from my portfolio even the chars that had more unusual names like Katari and Trillium are taken.

PS: post your name here if you decide to play.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I try your game, will you try mine?.

No war and killing? WAHHHHH!...Ok I can deal with that.

Damm tough crowd, either my suspicion that veg*ns are not playful is confirmed or a picky bunch.

Sorry people, that is what I've found. Other veg*ns never satisfy my need to be playful. I'll go to veg*n meets and everyone is acting all mature and boring. We have the same value system, but that all important aspect of being playful is missing.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Man I've gotta try endless forest sometime soon, I'm damn well half living in a forest right now (semi-homeless).

And howbout I'll try both of yours if you'll both shut up !
j/k

"We are god" Gotta love how they vow to be God, be my guest, I am but a deer... lol

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Man I've gotta try endless forest sometime soon, I'm damn well half living in a forest right now (semi-homeless).

And howbout I'll try both of yours if you'll both shut up !
j/k

"We are god" Gotta love how they vow to be God, be my guest, I am but a deer... lol

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't get your enddless forest game to work on my computer, I'll try again later.

Thanks, I really want to have fun with another veg*n..Semi homeless
. No good.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

I can't get your enddless forest game to work on my computer, I'll try again later.

Thanks, I really want to have fun with another veg*n..Semi homeless
. No good.
Not semi-homeless for long I don't think (Housing Officer on the case)... and whats that about wanting another vegan~ to play the game with... you think its interactive between two players?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

www.gaiaonline.com

Looks my need for a simplistic, free chat/ potential RP type of game has been found. I gave up on second life, I just don't have time to devote a whole lot of troubleshooting energy to a game.

Gaiaonline is a game where you get a highly customized chibi type char. who is able to roam about on scenery and do other things I havn't done yet.

If you come play, my name is Carmelito there. I'll be in the vegan and vegetarian guild.

Took me a while to get a name that wasn't taken, I went down like half of my char. list in my portfolio. I really wanted to play my Anissa char. on there because she's my favorite char. Ironically Carmelito is no longer in my portfolio because I havn't been able to bring that char back.

I think every char. name except Carmelito is taken from my portfolio even the chars that had more unusual names like Katari and Trillium are taken.

PS: post your name here if you decide to play.
I saw your mention of gaia in the Final Fantasy IX thread earlier today and went and made an avatar so I could check it out.

Perhaps I'm showing my age, but I have to confess that beyond the shopping and the games parts, I am clueless what the whole thing is about or how to play!

I can't decide if I'm interested in Gaia or not, but I'm willing to give it a few tries I suppose. I've never played an online game, so it was all a bit puzzling to me. I played games, fished and randomly surfed around the site. I tried roaming about the town a little. Very odd. People would just randomly say things and I had no clue what the heck they were talking about.

Eclipse, do you have any insights for me about the game?

I plan on checking out the Endless Forest game too.

I confess to always wanting to find a new game.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Okay. If you don't have the world's fastest internet connection, and a kickass, state of the art computer then don't try to play The Endless Forest.

My laptop is older, though it runs DirectX9.0 as recommended by the game.

As a screensaver it did nothing but lock up my machine for over 20 minutes and I ended up just powering down and rebooting.

Found the application to run it as an app instead of a screensaver.

Tried it. Got to the title sequence, and again total lockup.

I really wanted to play it but it's been little more than a source of irritation for me so far.

I'll stick to Gaia for now, at least it doesn't jack my machine.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I tried the Gaia game and I really don't like it. I mean I don't really see the point, and my first "quest" decided to just sit there and not let me continue on or do anything. Hmm. oh well.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I had nothing but problems when Troub first mentioned the Endless Forest. I gave up and uninstalled it.

Is "character" hard to spell? Or is this "char" I see you posting everywhere standing for something else? I's just wonnerin'.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gaia: So far, I've been having fun chatting once in a while, though I hope to use it for RP later when I know more players and find more players I like. I'd rather RP with such players then walking into a room and asking for RP. I tend to look for veg*ns, artists and adult players. These games are always more fun as an established player.

I havn't tried the quest system yet, but then I'd rather RP.

Also it says later they will have fighting other players, which should be fun too.

I've noticed loading your char full of trinkets(gaia bells and whistles) seems to be a common goal which is really funny. So you see these chars go past which resemble bushes (busy appearence?). I made fun of them in a post on a forum there and that didn't come across very well.

Endless forest: I got stuck with trying to create a char. (yes I go with the classic RPer spelling of character). Every time I finally found a symbol I liked to represent me which takes a while, it said I should go back and try again. I have to say I was intrigued by the non traditional aspect that Endless forest seemed to offer.

My computer is about a year old, but it is still a basic setup with a basic graphics card (Mac mini). It's Apple's low end comp.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Furcadia is another game I recomend. You play a furry char of your choice and design and interact with other chars.

Drawback for peeps like me, Mac users cannot play.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I have a serious addiction to another online game. I am sorely tempted to try these out, but I will try to restrain myself. I don't need more time spent in an RPG! (So tempted.... must not click..... )

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really? What is it?.

Heeehheee..Yeah I probably shouldn't join too many either. Luckily for me I have long phases of time where I'm too tired to do stuff or need to cram loads of food in my high needs body, hence game time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.