VeggieBoards banner

Frugal File Sharing, Torrents and Web-Site Downloading

900 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rvijay 
#1 ·
Learn on the net about Torrents, file sharing programs (eMule, Ares etc.,) and also about downloading entire web-sites.

This is very frugal and a lot of quality info. can be collected/shared that are helpful for the longterm. Wish I had done this before.

Vijay

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

so what is the website or isn't there one?

are you talking about what I presume is a movie/ audio download site = www.publicdomaintorrents.com ? which you talk about in your other recent thread ?
Video files are just one type. There are other types of files, for eg., Free Audio Books from Librivox.org etc., etc., Related sites for starters:

emuleplusinfo.com

torrentspy.com

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

And, depending on what you're sharing, very illegal.
Very true. However, as an arkbuilder preparing for post collapse, I avoid everything in Copyright. There are no lessons in articles within Copyright pretty much that will help post peak. Most of the books, media that were created before the peak oil or towards the start of the oil age have a lot of info./subtle ideas in them how to deal with post peak.

Also the frugal person doesn't indulge in usual materialistic, day to day mundane file sharing. They choose their files very carefully that help lead a frugal life.

Personally, for my entertainment, there is a DVD store close to my home that rents DVDs for $1 for 6 hours that is very close. At that price, it is faster to rent than to download. There are so many movies there to watch that one can never have enough, one needs to realize their limits and then draw their own line.

Inregards to music, there is a real lot in the radio. The best few that I like, it is simple to purchase them.

So for regular entertainment, beyond this if I get anymore media, I need more than 24 hours a day to experience/enjoy them. So, I keep farrr awayyy from all those options.

Last but not least to mention is my local Public Library with loads and loads of music, audiobooks, regular books etc., all to borrow for free. It has been several months since I went there as there is just no time for all this even more stuff.

Hence, as a frugal person it greatly helps to set limits for everything and collect useful materials within copyright.

Vijay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.