VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am craveing fried rice , you know one of those craveings were no other food will do at all, everyting else tastes like crap and you want nothing to do with it!

No?? maybe it is just me

Now to figure out how to make it, because despite the local place saying it is vegetarian I'm a little afraid some of that fish sauce crap they have back there makes its way into my food.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The way I make it is.. you cook the rice til just tender. Drain it and rinse in cold water until cool. Line a baking tray with a tea towel or some paper towel and spread the rice in a thin layer on there. Put it in the fridge til it is cold and dry.

Heat some veggie oil in a big frypan/wok til pretty hot, chuck in as much rice as will fit easily keep stirring it well coating all the rice with oil (so it doesn't clump) add a bit of soy and whatever else you like. I like to add eschallots and bean shoots, frozen peas and sometimes a little corn. Make sure it's heated through. Taste, add more soy if needed. Enjoy

You can leave out the tray in the fridge bit.. but it tends to go gluggy.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have choped up some carrots, roasted sweet peppers, brocoli,water chestnuts snow peas and peas.

Some green onions also for near the end, I'm waiting for my rice to cool right now.

Then once it is cool I shall toss it into the sesame seed oil.

Add a touch of soy sauce and go with it.

Hopefully it will be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts