VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

The title sums it up, I'm French, I'm vegan, and I've been living in London for almost 6 months now, which is one of the best decisions I've made so far (after becoming vegan of course), as it's so much easier to be vegan in London than in this narrow-minded country called France!
And lately I'm increasing my intake of raw food, mainly because I'm getting lazy cooking ^^ Plus it's healthy.
I've been vegan for over a year now, plus about 18 months of vegetarianism before that, I took the leap when I worked in Germany (another good country to be veg*an) and had an organic supermarket with loads of veg*an food 5 minutes from where I lived.

Initially, I became vegetarian for environmental reasons, mixed with a strong anti-domination and anti-exploitation feeling, until I finally became anti-speciesist (love Gary Francione's views).

I decided to join this forum so as to get info relevant to the UK (for instance, vegan brands), get info regarding vegetarianism/veganism as France is 25 years behind the US/UK in that matter (it would be good to have the latest health info for once), maybe make Londoner friends, and generally have fun chatting with the rest of the world!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!

I've been to InSpiral once, I looooooooooooved their vegan chocolate cake.
I'm crazy about Camden Market, but I try no to go there too often, because I would end up completely broke, there are so much stuff I's like to buy and food i'd like to try, there !!!

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hi and welcome to Veggieboards.

Concerning brands, have you got a current copy of the Animal Free Shopper, which is published by The Vegan Society?

By the way, is the name Vincent used for both male and female in France?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Vincent!

No, I don't have the copy of the animal free shopper. I haven't felt the need for any books so far. I mainly buy unprocessed food and as far as cosmetics are concerned, I look for the Vegan society logo. (there's no such logo in France, unfortunately)
Actually, the "main problem" has been for alcohol. It's unbelievable that they would use animal byproducts to produce wine or beer! What's wrong with them?!? But I found a site listing numerous vegan/vegetarian alcohol, and usually, I stick to buying Carlsberg

To reply to your question, no, Vincent is not used for both male and female, it's only a male name. Quite classic, common in every generation, like Paul, Jean, Julien, Nicolas or other typical French male names.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts