VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been vegan for years... 6-8 years now something like that.
I was vegan when I was a teen living with my mom.
When I moved out from my mom I had no money, I had nothing...
I had to get my food from charity for a little time... I would ate what was given to me...
But after a while I got back on the right track, and back to vegan.

That's my vegan story =)

Now, I'm a girl, I'm 22 y/o. I live in Quebec, speak french and english, even if my english isn't perfect.

I looove animals. I have mice, rats, cats, a bunny, a chinchilla, and a fish, mostly rescues... Wish I could have dogs too... The landlord isnt too crazy about them... I'll be moving out of my appartement this summer, and get a duplex with my boyfriend, one of our friend, and my mom (who is vegan too!). We'll have a couple of chickens and goats and pigs... Needless to say we want them as pets, not food... They all make awesome pets ^^

I'm a stay at home "mom" haha... No, i dont have kids, i dont want any... We just have a huge family of pets that need a lot of time and care... So I take care of the place and the pets while my boyfriend works... We're old fashioned, we know, we like it that way.

I'm looking forward to make new friends here, since I've been vegan I have less and less friends... I can't get along with most people... Because I just can't be friends with someone who doesnt respect or understand my choices, those who just dont care about our planet or the creatures living on it, don't treat their animals right... And seriously, I dont know that many people that does treat them right and respectfully.

I don't buy my clothes from vegan stores but I never buy new clothes eiter. Or furniture. I always buy second hand in places where they sell used stuff for charity... I think that's a great way to respect my vegan views without ruining myself. But even in the used stuff I never buy something with leather or fur or down... Cant wear or sit/sleep in something dead...

So... I also like movies, books, music-mostly rock, some video games... I love being outside in the nature, swimming, kayaking, photography, cooking...

I dont drink, or smoke cigarettes. I hate people doing hard drugs or heavy drinkers...

Why do I tell you all that? Because it's easier to make real good friends when being honest and tell exactly who you are, what you like, and what you hate from the start.

Cant think of anything more so that will be it.

And here's a picture of my and my pocket cat-dog XD He loves to walk on leash in the parks or woods and when we're in the street he just hops on my backpack for a ride.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hi and welcome to Veggieboards Nezumi.

How do all your animals co-exist peacefully and happily with cats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they do =) My rats, cats, and the rabbit are all friendy to each other, the mice's cage is in a closed bedroom (too easy for a curious cat to hurt them/get hurt), and the chinchilla (he's nervous, we rescued him from a "chinchilla mill" at the age of 4) gets out of his cage daily in a closed room where our cats cant bother him. And the fish (betta splendens) is hapilly swimming in a 25 gal tank with filter and heater, trying to eat my kitties through the glass... Eyes bigger than stomach?

And by the way... For the cats... They just dont hunt anything that's inside the house... Except flies XD
We got 2 in a shelter, and one in the street when they were babies, same size then an adult rat the cats took our rats like friends and they grew up seeing rats as companions. Bunnies are pretty peaceful with every animal except another male bunny, mostly. And they just tend to always get along well with cats =)

I would say that "hunters" pets - cats, dogs... maybe possible with a ferret but I wouldnt try... can get along fine with others that could have been "preys" if they meet them young, and they're not too small (like mice, my cats could hurt them without even knowing, or mistake them for a toy) before the "hunter" instinct appears... But I wouldnt try that with ferret, they're close to their instincts... they only get along with other "hunters" pets.

And for the pleasure of the eyes of those who will think this is so cuuuuute...
They were sleeping together, the noise of the camera woke the cat...rat is still half-asleep XD

By the way I'm photo-holic, you can tell me if it's annoying... I know some forums that try to keep picture posts to a minimum ^^"

·
Banned
841 Posts
Cute kitty! I was in Montreal last August and loved it, though I felt bad that I didn't have more time to explore Quebec and that Id forgotten most of my French from when I was in school.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have cute friends! Love the photos! Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamilj View Post

Hey. Is your cat also Vegetarian?
No, I believe strongly that humans are not made to eat meat and can do just fine without eggs and dairy and everything else, but cats are carnivores.
My diet is one thing, my animals diet is anoter. I want to give them the best they can have for their health...
...and stick to what's closer to what their species are made to eat.
Yes it's kinda sad but cats don't live off wheat and grass... Neither do rats, or dogs... Or many other animals.
So I don't really trust vegan diets for carnivore pets...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nezumi I 100% agree with you on humans are not made to eat meat . I did wrong thing past but I will never eat meat again for the rest of my life. I am 38 now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts