VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm about to make a HUGE batch of rice, I was wondering if I can just freeze it in tupperware containers for easy access? Do I need to add anything with it to do so, such as more water? Sorry if thats a stupid question..

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
It freezes great. You can put it in Zipoc freezer bags and lay/stack flat if you don't want it to take up as much room.

You may want to sprinkle with water when re-heating. It re-heats best by steaming, microwaving (I personally don't microwave anything but it does work) or making into fried rice.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am currently making 2.5 cups worth. Thats all that was in the bag but we got it discounted for 69 cents from the grocery store.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I've got LOTS of rice (brown rice and jasmine rice) in my freezer, already cooked, stored in bags. All I have to do is grab a bag, dump the rice on a plate, and zap it in the 'ol microwave. I love the convenience.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I should do this since we go through rice like crazy... especially with making homemade rice milk, too. Great idea, guys. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts