VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live over 80 miles from good health food and grocery stores so I will often go when I visit my parents. This weekend I went to get a few things and stayed the night and I ended up forgetting some seeds that I bought. I bought raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds. Knowing I won't be back to visit for a few months, I was wondering if these seeds can be frozen by my parents and then I could get them the next time I visit them. If so, how would I store them knowing they've been frozen before? Can I keep them out of the freezer or do I need to make sure they stay frozen until use? I bought too many for them to really be used in one meal, I bought bulk, with the most being sunflower.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
I freeze raw sunflower seeds and pepinos all the time because I buy in bulk. Despite warnings otherwise, they keep pretty well and stay fairly sweet as opposed to keeping them in the pantry where they do turn a bit. I tend to toast them before I use them, and after that I can't tell any difference at all between them and unfrozen, newer product. Never froze chia, so I would be interested to hear your results if you try. That said, I keep chia in a sealed container in the pantry for well over half a year and they're always fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts