VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
while i agree with everything that's been said before, if i were ever to buy something at a store or restaurant that contained animal products, by accident, i would go ahead and eat it assuming there was no one else to eat it. that part of their argument i do agree with, that i'd rather it didn't go to waste. like some of you said, i wouldn't do this if someone else had bought the food, because they may be inclined to buy the same (excessive) amount next time. but if i bought it myself and there's nowhere for it to go, i'd eat it. once you buy it, from the consumption piont of view, it doesn't matter whether you eat it or not, it's been bought. thus, i dont want it to go to waste. but i surely wouldn't buy the product again.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
well, for instance, a few weeks ago i purchased some veggie burgers for the supermarket. i had bought two items of this particular brand before (chik patties and grilled veggie burgers) and both were vegan. this particular time though, they didn't have the grilled veggie burgers, so i thought, well ok, i'll just buy the normal veggie burgers. turns out they had cheddar cheese in them, i don't know why i didn't take the time to check. for some reason, i just thought the whole brand was vegan

but anyway, trust me, i wouldn't be able to find anyone to take those off my hands, definitely not any of my friends. i have a few indian veggie friends but they refuse to eat imitation meats. so i grudgingly ate it, despite the fact that it made me sick every time to think that i was eating an animal product. but that's over with, i won't fall into that trap again.

i do think, however, that it'd be quite difficult to find someone to take your meal at a restaurant, you know? i only eat out about once a month so i haven't run into this problem yet, but i could certainly imagine it happening sometime in the future or to other people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts