VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
At first glance, I guess the basic premise is first of all not so basic? I dunno, but anyway it actually could be it seems a really smart way of thinking about "simplicity" and I've nothing bad I wanna say about simplicity per se, because simplicity is a GOOD THING, and I'm sure thats not whats in question negatively ultimately (but is central to it in a positive way supposedly) but either way I would like to express as does this site (it seems) about what it does possibly by explaining and addressing "The Doubts" section in the left hand column about the understanding of simplicity and how attainable and realistic it is to the masses therefore??....

And I haven't read it all, no way YET (I'd like to though, so I might),,, but just for the moment I gather put SIMPLY (as that is our parenthis) its saying its wise to see simplicity widely in all its forms, as maybe percieved in the eyes of so many different peoples worldwide, and therefore the answer maybe in how best to introduce various cultures and attitude to the concept of simplicity first of all and not make it so niche???

Am I on the right track here, is this the understanding/ basic premise etc?

ETA: I can't explain as well as the website maybe, but I sense I am on the right track in making an initial 'fair' (or not) assessment, meaning allbeit my EARLY (possibly too assuming) assessment merely of whats it about to begin with.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
haha, yeah, thats what I tried to do bigduf !! quite on the ball I think, but I'm willing to be corrected.

btw, its nice to see more than just smoke, just kidding... your avatar is cool, even though I don't like smoke any/much.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a free book on Simplicity. The site is just providing it. Opinions are of the Author, read the full book to understand. Everyone has their own interpretations.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Good book. As is R. Gregg's "The Power of Non-Violence" which I have in my library - printed in India on simply made but high-quality paper.

Gregg was an associate of Mohandes Gandhi and held similar views.

A vegan diet that is a simple vegan diet is my ideal. No complex foods with 40 ingredients each prepared in a different factory, from 40 ingredients each prepared in a different factory.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Personally, voluntary simplicity comes so naturally to me, that I can't read any of these books without dozing off.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

Personally, voluntary simplicity comes so naturally to me, that I can't read any of these books without dozing off.
Yeah I spose (as with any book)....... but what are the main points then? .....Anyone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts