VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pfft. No, not really. I just saw the overwhelming number of generic greeting titles and wanted to fight the power. So did you come here looking to or for free slaves?

Wait, perhaps it's better not to answer that.

So, me. What... do people want to know about me...? I suppose the obvious answer is something vegetarian related. I'm not sure whether or not to say I am one. There was no decision on my part to set out not to eat meat, I merely haven't had any desire to for quite some time. The times I have tried to eat it lately I just became disinterested and didn't finish. Thinking about it triggers about as much of a "meh" as my mind can be bothered to conjure. I just don't... care... anymore.

Well then, I thought, maybe I should just not bother with it. Naturally, this lead me to the internet: the home of not bothering. Should I look up the risks of not bothering? Perhaps search for other things to bother with instead? Where to begin? Going through lots of effort to enable myself to not bother seemed counter productive. I don't like eating what I don't feel any desire for, it's about as fun as gnawing on cardboard; but if my alternative was massive amounts of research into lifestyle changes, it may be worth gnawing cardboard instead.

Suddenly, a wild solution appeared! I remembered that forums exist, and on forums, you can just leech off the solutions to everyone else's problems. After all someone, somewhere, must have encountered just about any issue and felt the desire to be talky about it. What's more, I actually knew (of) this forum from another one I was on (which either died or became too inactive to care about), so I wouldn't even have to search.

So it has come to this. I have remembered an email account's password, registered, and concocted a crude avatar. As you can see, I am now a pirate.

Any questions?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Haha, nice intro. I'm a big fan of pirates

Welcome to Veggieboards

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I welcome you to the forums, but that doesn't change the fact that I am highly disappointed by the conspicuous absence of the advertised slaves. Shame on you.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's okay, the way these things work only the first ten or so people are disappointed. The next ten get a slave each.

·
Registered
585 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this goes on it seems. Was given a "salad roll" today. It started out about as decent as something that tries to explode into a million pieces when you eat it could be expected to, and then half way in I encounter a new flavour that I can really only describe as "stale". Not really bad, certainly not off, but somewhat discouraging like overcooked pasta that's been left in the fridge overnight and become a kind of cold slurry. Sure enough, there was a thin piece of ham in it. Frankly I found it offensive. Not because I didn't want it there, but because if I had, it was such that I would still be disappointed in its meagreness. I can only conclude it was made for people who aren't sure if they want ham or just salad.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!

I like your avatar and your signature, but I thought your intro post was a little long winded. A simple "I don't like eating meat anymore" would have sufficed; I think most of the people reading it would totally relate.

You can tell I live in California, dude.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually I... don't really know anything about California. I've been in that timezone, but that's about it.

I do tend to use a lot of words though. My mind just thinks that way, and with writing there's no physical reason to stop, so I just go on until the idea is done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts