VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay so how many of you are going to click on this??? !!!! I just wanted to get some of your attention. I actually was searching online today to see about informaiton for a procedure and ran across the site by accident. However, it seems like a nice place to be and nice ppl so I think I'll visit more often. My name is Kelly and I had two children in 1 year hince the name dutchtwins06. I live in a small town in KS and work for an insurance company. Hope to meet some cool ppls on here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm must have not read that policy anyplace. I have talked to several others on here and they mentioned nothing of the sorts. Guess I'll continue until they kick me out but from my understanding most vegetarian's I have met (my roommates in college) were very much so interested in sharing their views and sort of "converting" so I cant see the site kicking one out just for that reason.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll do that but not today I have to pick up the kiddos from daycare. I'm just trying to understand all the lyngo... vegan, veggie... and all that jazz. I am also searching the raw food diet I am interested in the health benifits of all types of lifestyles.... b/c that is what this is it's a lifestyle not just a fad or something one does for attention. I'm in school to be an RN so I know much about the body. I know you are young so have you done very much research into the vegan/veggie lifestyle?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I moved this thread from the Introduce Yourself forum because it seems kind of borderline. ("I MIGHT be interested in going veg, but then again, maybe not"). Should we ban this person anyway?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
On second thought, I think we should let the person stay. If she causes problems, we can ban her later.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
To dutchtwins06:

Welcome to VB! You're welcome to stay, and read all about us veg*ans and raw foodists and our diets, and perhaps you'll become one of us!
We only ask that you be respectful of our dietary choices and our reasons for those choices while you're here.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Um, I realize the TOS say you have to be interested in a vge lifestyle or gaining more information to join, but aren't people supposed to have actually READ the TOS before joining? And also, just curious - but can't a person read and learn all about a veg*n lifestyle withOUT actually joining VB? The forums are open to read whether you're a member or not, aren't they? Again, just curious.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Um, I realize the TOS say you have to be interested in a vge lifestyle or gaining more information to join, but aren't people supposed to have actually READ the TOS before joining? And also, just curious - but can't a person read and learn all about a veg*n lifestyle withOUT actually joining VB? The forums are open to read whether you're a member or not, aren't they? Again, just curious.
I am going to have to agree. While I like the idea of a massive veggieboard community, you should really read the rules. Veggieboards is not just a place to start posting random messages on everywhere. If you search the net, you can surely find some community based boards that do not focus on the Veg lifestyle - but this one (mainly) does.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Welcome... nice to see a fellow small town Kansan.

I agree to make sure to read the TOS, and read around to make sure this is a place that you can benefit from being a part of and vise versa.

Anyway, again-welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tofu-n-sprouts: i am not actually sure about that question I know I can read the forums but I cant ask any questions or view any attachments which is the reaosn I had to sign up. I'm a little shocked at how upset a few are that I joined.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Questions: When did you all decide to become veg*? Also, what types of reactions did your family have to your decisions? What benifits have you found along with what drawbacks? I'm sure everyone has their own personal stories and I'm super interested. My dad does not understand the lifestyle at all but I'm honestly thinking of giving up all meat. From what I can see you can gather the same nutrients from other sources. One more question: Do you choose to be a veg* b/c you cant stand the thought of hurting animals or do you do it b/c of the health benifits?

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is stupid... what are you saying??

And no, I didn't click on this because I wass enticed... don't need free sex, I have my [mod note: derogatory term deleted] for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lucine: the whole camel jockey thing is too funny. You'd be amazed at the weird-O's on other sites who have responded b/c of that little catchy title... n e way. Back to work for me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts