VeggieBoards banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Thanks Michael.<br><br><br><br>
Now before anyone jumps in to tell me that Herbal Essence is owned by Procter and Gamble - I already know. I have sent them letters about why I only use the Herbal Essence products yet refuse to buy anything else. I'm supporting a product that is not tested on animals, contains no animal products, is mostly organic and somewhat encourages recycling. I can only hope that with the huge success of Herbal Essence, more similar products will follow.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crud, I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out.<br><br><br><br>
However, I should mention I kind of like the idea of getting free samples from companies I wouldn't normally support because that cuts into their profits. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yes it makes absolute sense. I do the same. It's sort of like how I wont eat at McDonalds, but I'll use their bathroom. I think Loki once had a thread about it on VegWeb.

·
Registered
750 Posts
herbal essence stuff is vegan???<br><br>
all their stuff???<br><br><br><br>
body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hair color?<br><br><br><br>
thanks in advance<br><br>
Caroline

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
That's what they told me. It will usually say on the bottle that it uses high quality ingredients derived from pure renewable plant sources - no animal by-products.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Yup! That was the one. If any of you have heard all about quorn products giving you nasty bowels, i had a quorn curry. I'm not allergic to quorn, but there's something in those curries which upsets my stomach. Anyway, I was in town, and my stomach started jabbing. It hurt a lot, so I went into McDonalds, and I didn't purchase anything, but headed straight for the toilets. I let it all rip, and it was the smelliest thing you've ever seen. In fact, when i walked out of there this kids said "Daddy! It stinks in there! after coming out of the toilet!<br><br><br><br>
Chalf up one for the anti-consumerists!! (And if you want to hear more stories about me going to the toilet, i have plenty more!!)<br><br><br><br>
Anyway, taking advantage of this offer is similar in nature. You get to take a few cents away from P&G, and also get to wash your hair for free.<br><br><br><br>
Or if you're looking for frugal ways to maintain your hair, there are two celebrities whose lead you should follow. Moby and Kurt Cobain - That's two low-maintainence hairstyles!! Moby doesn't have to pay to wash his hair since he doesn't have any, and Kurt simply never bothered washing it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. Its very frustrating trying to find products that don't test on animals AND don't contain animal products. Its also difficult to figure out which company is owned by who. I thought Aussie products were good, no animal test on label, and when I wrote to them asking about ingredience, they said some do contain animal products. They are also owned by P&G. P&G also gives you a list of products that they no longer test on animals, and frankly, its most cleaning and beauty products.<br><br><br><br>
I'll try the Herbal Essence though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts