VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this other forum that I frequent that's for bloggers and I love it to bits and pieces. Not like I love this one, but a different kind of love.<br><br><br><br>
It's a little over a year old and when it started it was wonderful- lots of members, lots of conversation, good times all around. Then the holidays came and we lost a bunch of people. Then summer came and we lost a bunch more. Now we're down to a very small core group and we desperately want to rebuild.<br><br><br><br>
How do you get the word out there? How do you get people to stick around to a new forum?<br><br><br><br>
What would it take to get you (hypothetically) to stick around a forum that right now, just isn't hopping?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
people stick around in forums for the atmosphere moslty, I think. And that's something you just can't 'make'. But if you have a small core group of posters, and they are very active and friendly and have some 'spark', you should have the atmosphere.<br><br>
Bloggers read blogs, as a rule. So has everyone in the forum mentioned the bforum on their blogs? That might pull some more people in.<br><br><br><br>
Sorry I couldn't be a lot of help. But is your forum ONLY for people who are already blogging? I want to start up a blog with some appeal to an audience, not just the typical diary-on-the-internet that I have had many times before, and I might be interested in joining a forum like that. If you don't feel comfortable advertising another forum on VB (I don't know if it's against the rules?), could you PM me a link?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts