VeggieBoards banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know... I think we all do this - forget about all the bleatin recipe books we have in the cubbard and go out and buy new ones.<br><br><br><br>
I have done this and still do it. Well, the other day, I was looking for a recipe for mexican rice. None of my usual "go-to" recipe books had one. So, I looked in my cubbard for alternatives and Viole! I took the blinders off my eyes to reveal cookbooks collecting dust.<br><br><br><br>
I ended up finding what I needed in a cookbook named "Classic Vegetarian Cooking" by Linda Fraser. The recipe turned out REALLY good. Hubby raved about and even the baby ate it (peas and all - not like him)! This book has huge color pictures on every page and is a delight to the eyes. I'd forgotten how many vegan recipes were in here and how many of the vegetarian recipes that could easily be converted.<br><br><br><br>
Then... I looked some more to find 3 more forgottens: The Vegetable Bible by Christian Teubner. Also a feast for the eyes and wonderful explanations of various veggies and how to prepare them.<br><br><br><br>
Vegetarian and Vegetable Cooking (paperback, unfortunately b/c it doesn't lay flat but it was a gift) by Christine Ingram. This is similar to the first book I listed but not as tall. Is thicker, though. So, deserves explorations.<br><br><br><br>
"Vegetables from Amaranth to Zuccini" by Elizabeth Schneider and also "Uncommon Fruits and Vegetables, A Commonsense Guide" also by same author. These two books explain these various fruits and veggies and include recipes to go along.<br><br><br><br>
oh... I looked again and forgot about my raw books from my totally raw days -"The Uncook Book", "Living in the Raw" and "The Raw Gourmet".<br><br><br><br>
So... go look and tell us what YOU found that you forgot you had!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts