VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone with an axe to grind?<br><br><a href="http://www.pennlive.com/letters/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1169842217142040.xml&coll=1" target="_blank">http://www.pennlive.com/letters/patr...040.xml&coll=1</a>

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Where did she get this canines that tear meat and bowels that digest meat stuff? Does she work for the Beef Council or something?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Because unless you are among the 4-5 percent of Americans who are truly vegan, you too have engaged in killing, perhaps only by proxy, but you are just as responsible for the dead cows as the hunter is for the dead deer.</div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
I like this part. I get so peeved when meat-eaters get in a huff about hunters. I think she makes a good point here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally liked the line about how "Animals understand this concept." WTF?? Could someone please explain to me how an animal would understand that they are supposedly on this planet to be killed and eaten?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Ok this was enough crap:<br><br><br><br><div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Mother Nature intended that we use the resources She created. Snubbing one's nose at Her by being vegan is a matter of personal choice, as is the choice to act on innate biological realities.</div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
"Mother Nature intended" uh oh.. that's not a good way to start a sentence unless you want to anthropomorphize like there's no tomorrow.<br><br><br><br>
"Snubbing one's nose at Her by being vegan is a matter of personal choice, as is the choice to act on innate biological realities."<br><br>
Haha, that's like "being a ****ing ******* is a personal choice, as is the choice to do the right thing" -- if it's a personal choice, why does she have to present veg*nism as something perverse and wrong?<br><br><br><br>
That writer takes the "mother nature" metaphor waaaaaay too seriously.

·
Registered
684 Posts
So, now we're snubbing our noses at nature by refusing to eat part of it (I consider wild animals part of nature, personally. Not that I consider them plants... Just part of the ecosystem, I guess)? Hah. That's rich.<br><br><br><br>
I do like this part, though.<br><br>
Because unless you are among the 4-5 percent of Americans who are truly vegan, you too have engaged in killing, perhaps only by proxy, but you are just as responsible for the dead cows as the hunter is for the dead deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts