VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
league of extradordinary gentleman. LAME! so lame.

it's up there with the worst movies i've ever seen.

the dialougue is so awful, the acting sucks.

it's based on a book, and i'm sure the author is cringing right now over what hellish nightmare it turned out to be on screen.

we almost walked out a few times. so in the name of your, um, name, don't pay to see this ridiculously bad film.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like me coming out of The Hulk, which I got dragged to. Now THERE was a crappy movie. I'm so mad I wasted two hours and fifteen minutes of my life on it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh no! My friend told me about the comic it derived from and it sounded so awesome and I was really looking forward to seeing it....I guess I'll still see it, but I won't have any expectations of it actually being good anymore.

Ama.....I am so glad you said that because I just KNEW The Hulk would be terrible...he really does look like "Shrek" on a bad day or something in the T.V. trailers. My husband went to see it with his best friend and his brother and I refused to go. They all came back so ecstatic saying that it was so good and blah, blah, blah. I usually highly respect my husband's taste in movies so I decided that I'll go see it with him...and I'm still going to, but I know it's going to still suck. It just looks SOOOO bad. LOL.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blech, yeah, i refused to see the Hulk. my boyfriend kinda got dragged to that one but i said no thanks. he said it sucked, of course.

herself, at least go see an afternoon movie so ya dont have to pay full price for the thing!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I saw this movie this past friday and even though it wasn't one of the worst movies I've seen, I kept looking at my watch wondering "how much longer?"

·
Registered
0 Posts
I watched League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and I concur with Loki... I wanted to get out of the theatre! I hated that movie... it was awful....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree with you guys on the Hulk movie.. I was so excited since my bf and I both love comics.. but I want my 2 hrs back damnit! Good to know that the League is a crappy one too .. I was considering it since Sean Connery is usually great but now I won't waste my money.

I just rented Sleepy Hollow over the weekend to get my fill of Johnny Depp so I can go see Pirates of the Carribean this weekend.. anyone seen that movie yet??

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Yay, a decent film = Sleepy Hollow!!

I just like it coz its gothy, not that I've been undistracted enuff to actually sit down and relax to watch it properly but I will eventually when it appears on TV again.

Be sure to let us know what "Pirates of the Carribean" is like DD.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ha ha Funkified! We DID see the afternoon showing...and erm...I actually liked it. *hides head in shame*. I completely loathed the computer animation though..just like I thought I would. The whole time I had myself psyched out to think..."if I were a kid...would I enjoy this movie?". I think that's why I actually liked it. I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but I had fun with it.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the shame! the shame! ok, well i'm glad you enjoyed it then

i wanted to start ripping out my vital organs because i just loved it so much, heh.

pirates...is awsome however.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DirtDiva

I just rented Sleepy Hollow over the weekend to get my fill of Johnny Depp so I can go see Pirates of the Carribean this weekend.. anyone seen that movie yet??
Ooh, I love Sleepy Hollow! As well as Edward Scissorhands and a few others of his.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
my brother saw pirates and told me it was great. he said Johnny Depp did an awesome job and his character is really cool and funny

·
Registered
0 Posts
Doh! I forgot to even say what movie I saw...it was The Hulk. Sorry if you thought I meant the League. But anyway, I think that another reason that I liked it was because I wasn't expecting it to be good....it's easy to set myself up that way. For instance The Matrix Reloaded...I was so hoping that it was going to be good..and was SEVERELY disappointed!!

Johnny Depp is an acting genius.....Benny and Joon anyone? *sigh*...and it doesn't hurt that he's so good looking.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ooh, another movie to avoid. Hollywood Homocide!!! AGHasgljd!!!

I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Kidding. But seriously, I got to a point where my fingers were more entertaining. And I'm not joking! I mean, it starts with a point, then ends up revolving around Harrison Ford trying to sell a house, and his love life, and Josh Hartnett's side job as a yoga instructor. THEN gets to a point... kinda. heh. I left at that point.

The movie tried sooo hard, but just didn't work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Herself

For instance The Matrix Reloaded...I was so hoping that it was going to be good..and was SEVERELY disappointed!!
Same here. It wasn't nearly as good as the original. Of course, my Dad still dragged me to go see it at the IMAX, becuase, well, it's the IMAX.

Quote:
Johnny Depp is an acting genius.....Benny and Joon anyone? *sigh*...and it doesn't hurt that he's so good looking.
Ooh... Benny and Joon is one of my favorite movies!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was extremely disappointed with the league of extraordinary gentlemen. I wanted to see it, and the only time I could get in was for a late night showing. I spent almost 9 bucks on it! What a waste of money!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You guys need a friend who works in a movie theatre. The last 3 movies I've seen have been completely, absolutely, positively FREE.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
My sister might be getting a job at the local movie theater... She'll hear from them sometime this week. Which is why I'm holding out on seeing Pirates of the Caribbean, in case I can get in for free

I haven't seen League, but I can offer my input on The Hulk... I didn't think it was the greatest, but I've seen worse. I think most of my not liking the movie was the length, but it probably only seemed so long because I had to be home by a certain time, and I was starting to worry I wouldn't be... and I wasn't supposed to be in the particular town I saw the movie in... because you have to drive about a half hour to get there... and I'm not allowed to ride in a car with someone my age driving... but yeah! ^^;; I saw it with my friend and her boyfriend (who is also my friend so I could have just said two of my friends?), and me and him were talking about all this stuff during the movie, and she was so lost, and he was like "leave the comic book nerds alone!" :3 so yeah, as far as the hulk, the comic is much better, naturally. and i'll likely be dragged to see the league by my best friend, but hey, if my sister's working there, at least i won't have wasted any money!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
LXG SUCKED SO BAD!!! Oh man, did it suck. IT started out slow, then got a little faster, but was still BORING as hell.

Pirates of the carribean, however, was GREAT. Love that movie.

Matrix 2 was awsome! Of course not as much as the original, but hey, ITS THE MATRIX people!

T3 is a great movie too, it really helps you understand the other movie (T2) of course, I was like 7 or so when I saw T2, and I don't even remember Terminator.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts