VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
That was funny - and wow! - there are so many more vegetarian options now! Thanks goodness!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

That was funny. There ought to be more veg comedians. It has a lot of potential to be a great subject for comedy and even prod some minds.
I think Simon Amstell is vegetarian; he plays pretty much himself on Grandma's House and is vegetarian on the show. Also co-writer Dan Swimer said they'd decided to base everything on real life. I know he isn't to everybody's taste (particularly after the Russell Watson 'joke' he made last year), but still.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think John Bishop went vegetarian when he was a teenager. I had a very similar scenario to that
funny. Russell Brand is a vegan, lets hope it rubs off on his new wife

·
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldman_dancing View Post

I didn't realise Bill Bailey was veggie.
Quote:
Part Troll (2004)

I'm a vegetarian. I'm not strict; I eat fish, and duck. Well, they're nearly fish, aren't they? They're semi-submerged a lot of the time, they spend a lot of time in the water, they're virtually fish, really. And pigs, cows, sheep, anything that lives near water, I'm not strict. I'm sort of like a post-modern vegetarian; I eat meat ironically.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Bailey

perhaps not.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Bailey

perhaps not.....
Yea, I've seen that. He's also mentioned experiences with 'angry vegans' *sigh*. He does wildlife programs, and I get the feeling he might be the sort that feels a little guilty about eat meat, perhaps even eats 'humane' meat.

Either way, it's refreshing to hear a joke about vegetarianism where vegetarians being pasty/weak/etc. is the punchline (even if said joke is 7 years old).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hahaha, that was quality and SOOO true. I turned veggie 20 years ago and we did just that, sit down every Sunday to a full roast. The only difference, was I was never a fan of vegetables, so my Sunday dinner always comprised of a plate full of gravy and 4 slices of thick white bread. Occasionally I would have a Yorkshire Pudding, but I was never that keen on them. I had those 5" pizzas as well, but never on a Sunday! lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I first became vegetarian I had to visit a health food shop just to buy free range eggs as the supermarket did not carry them. For sausages there was good old "sos mix" and that was about as exotic as things got - oh and I think you could get Vegetarian's Choice burgers.
When Quorn came out it felt too chickeny and it was not vegetarian at first anyway as it had battery egg in it .As for Veggymince I really took a while to adjust to that - it was far too meaty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.