VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site to be very interesting. I found it through the "Eat Right For Your Type" site, which I also find fascinating. See what you think.

http://storesense01.dynamic.net/grassland/index.html

Also, through the "Eat Right For Your Type", I have found (as an A blood type) that I am best suited, biologically, for a vegetarian diet. It is a very amazing book, which makes a lot of sense to my scientific self.

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
That "Eat Right For Your Type" is pseudo-science, not unlike The Zone, though they obviously have two entirely different approaches.

I love how my ex-girlfriend says she could never be a vegetarian because her blood type requires her to eat plenty of red meat. *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you read it? It's not psuedo-science at all. I have an animal science degree, but one of my minors was in genetics. If you read the book, it goes through the exact mechanisms of your bodies response to certain products introduced to it. It is very, very good science. And, realistically, your girlfriend is probably correct. Not all people process foods the same. I am so schocked to find that, according to the blood type, my optimum way to eat is vegetarian. After being an avid meat eater for 40 years!

Anyway, I suggest that you pick up the one of the ERFYT books and read the first few chapters. Some of it is a little bit of a hard go becuase it IS so detailed in the science portion. I was really drudging up processes and terms from 20 years ago.

I am not a flake, and I NEVER just jump into something (especially something as goofy as 'diets'). I have read the zone, and I think that the ideas are good, but it doesn't work for me. The ERFYT is actually what I am doing currently with just a few modifications.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Nope. No way there are differences THIS big between humans. Plus, there is NO way ANY person is dependent on red meat to be healthy. Excuse me????

·
Registered
593 Posts
lol- i loove that shirt oatmeal- its a shame how that is how people think. If I get what I want for less, who cares how i got it? That goes for food, sweatshops, etc

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hmmm.... read some more on the site. This health benefits page is interesting:

Quote:
CLA - remember this new acronym!

It's going to change the way America eats for the better! It's amazing what a difference diet really makes, for cattle and for us. When cattle eat right, beef is incredibly good for you! Read on.

THE CLA ADVANTAGE

International scientific research is demonstrating positive results in:

Combating Cancer

Combating Arteriosclerosis (clogged arteries)

Reducing Body Fat

Preventing or Delaying the onset of Diabetes

[...]

GRASSLAND BEEF will give you the CLA advantage. Health food stores are beginning to sell CLA supplements, but studies suggest that naturally occurring CLA is metabolized and used differently than synthetic CLA. See the research and reference section of our site for source document information.
I think I'll just kick back and count the seconds until PCRM sues them..

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I'm confused.

The link is to a web site that sells beef.

Was it supposed to be for a site that talks about the idea of "eating right for you type"?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EquiPro

I found it through the "Eat Right For Your Type" site, which I also find fascinating.
she/he found it -through- the eat right for your type site.

edited cause i said "she" but i dont know if you're a he or a she haha.

<3

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i found the book to be very interesting, but i didn't notice that it required anyone of any given blood type to eat meat. what i would like to emphasize is the *require* part.

i liked the book a lot, and the zone, and atkins, and many others that i've read. WHat i've found is that not one book as "the answer" but each has a bit of information that can help inform a whole notion of proper eating. For instance, atkins works because of ketosis, which is an important process and can be put to right use, but shouldn't be used as atkins uses it. Also, there are ways to go into ketosis that don't involve eating that much or any meat.

but that's neither here nor there. I liked the book. For even more, traditional, information on it, Ayervedic science has used blood and body typing for thousands of years for developing optimal health. very interesting reading.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My point originally is that some Omnis are not going to give up meat. Period. So, if you live with or love someone Omni, this might be a more human way to go. As far as I can tell, these pasture land in MO were already cleared.

I'm not saying that the ERFYT book has THE answer. I believe that you have to pick what makes sense and works for you. I found it very interesting from a genetics point of view and it allowed me to use a part of my brain that has been out of commission for a while (yes, I'm a "her" - I had a baby and my brains disappeared!). So, it was just someting informative and interesting to see. This book only recommends foods that you are beneficial to your immune system or which you should try to avoid. I like that.

I'm a firm believer that we have to each find the path that is best for us. If you like, read it. Use what works for you. Leave the rest!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<This link to an article by Dr. Michael Klaper regarding The Zone and blood-type diets is also VERY interesting reading:

http://www.all-creatures.org/health/zonebloodtype.html

Extremely eye-opening. As an "O positive," and yet a perfectly healthy vegan, I found "Eat Right for your Type" pretty funny, actually.>

firebird_81, I LOVED that article. Thanks so much for posting a hyperlink to it. I'll bookmark that site. As I said, I truly believe that there are TONS of ways to peel a potatoe, and I found that article to be really interesting. I will definitely take what I need from that one, too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm blood type "O Positive" and vegetarian. I'm eating the wrong foods, accord to the Blood Type Diet, yet am very healthy.

I've read what nutritionists say about this diet; it's considered a fad diet based on pseudo-science. Like Oatmeal said, humans are different from one another but not that much different.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Like I said... pseudo-science. Sure, you can take what you want from it, just like you can from The Zone, or even veganism. But I choose not to pay attention to something that tells me to eat certain foods because my blood type is different.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Whoa, Dvmarie, I am b-neg too
Funny how this diet says "B types of Asian decent (uh, me) may have to slowly incoroprate milk products into their diet" because it can cause intestinal upset, etc. Yeah, no **** captain obvious, because they are not good for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts