VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you eat one meal consisting of meat? And the money can't go to charity. You have to use it for personal reasons. Just a hypothetical question

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My morals are not for sale.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Hell no! I'd shave my head for that much tho.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In case you are wondering, I wouldn't.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Hell no! I'd shave my head for that much tho.
I lopped my hair off for $100,

But it would take at least 9 digits for me to eat meat.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would not eat meat for $1000. Especially because I couldn't donate the money to charities.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Possibly, when you say no charity could I use it for an anti-vivisection campaign that I'd be organizing? Also could I chose the meat dish I eat? At the same though the principle of the matter is rather upsetting, compromising my values to get a head in life, or could it be seen as the greater good?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
No.
I'm not desperate. If $1000 meant more to me than it does now, like if my cat needed a $1000 surgery and the only way I could get the money was to eat part of an already dead cow then I would consider it. But a situation like that is so improbable that it's moot.
Likewise, I would probably eat meat for free if the choice were eat meat or die. But again, that situation is unlikely.

Vegansaraw - you could use it to invest in a vegan business.

I'm sure there are some vegetarians and even vegans who would eat meat for money. There was a vegetarian poker player who was offered $10k to eat a hamburger. He ate it.

But then the real issue wouldnt be so much what that says about their ethics; it's more a question of who would pay veg*ns to eat meat and why? What does that say about those people?

Either way, it's so rare that it's not worth worrying about.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

Isnt this a bit like the age old hypothetical questions most of us get asked by Omnis
If you were stranded on an island, and the only thing conveniently available to eat was steak...

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

If you were stranded on an island, and the only thing conveniently available to eat was steak...

·
Registered
892 Posts
In the choice of eat meat or die I would probably eat meat, some people may say they won't but in the moment of survival we do have instincts to live. But as Elaine said its such a slim to none circumstance its not worth worrying about. More a philosophical life question. Edit: Oh and btw if the only "food" you have is meat and you eat it, you will die faster than if you were to starve to death. I always found that a good comeback when an omni starts up about that.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I'd go for the fellow castaways. Human meat....mmmm nice and gamey.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts