VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's just the pre-season, but HEY.

Football is going on again!

Anyone beyond excited?!

There is a game tonight Saints vs. Bengals - which I don't care about the Bengals at all, what a crap team, but oh man, just the fact that football has started again, I'm sooooo thrilled.

Talk about it!

I gotta get back on my bike and get to a bar with a TV for it.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregatron View Post

Hey! Where's the love for college football? Please tell me there are other college fans in here!

I'm actually planning on having vegan college football Saturdays at my place this fall. I'm an LSU alum and fan, so I will be making gumbo and red beans and rice to represent south Louisiana proper as we will have a good "bounce back" season.

I think we have a shot at beating out Bama and Ole Miss for the SEC West title. It should be a three team race. I think Ole Miss, while pretty good, is overrated. Bama, otoh, is not. They are very good. We have a pretty brutal schedule this year (playing the four strongest teams in SEC that are not LSU -- UGA, Florida, Ole Miss and Bama), so it will be tough going, but I'm hoping for a prestigious bowl game this year.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
uh hello yeah. I think LSU will knock out Ole Miss pretty easily - but Alabama will put up a stiff stiff fight. That will be a great game to watch.

Saints won 17-7.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let me rephrase - the ole miss lsu game will be exciting to watch. but i'm on lsu's side mos def for that game. i think lsu will beat them with a point margin- maybe of 3 to 7 points. with alabama, it could come down to 1-3.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
uh saints and texans had a fight on the field during practice for saturdays game.

apparently you can't put southern boys together like that

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

why should the title be changed just because he is trying toannoy people?

Anyway GO BRONCS!!!!
glad that you got that.

anyway - what are the broncos going to do now that they made probably the most expensive trade in nfl history?

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

you mean Knowshon Moreno? I dont know but i hope he is worth the 22 mil htey paid for him. for that kind of cash he better come with a 24k gold jockstrap.
is that who they replaced jay cutler with?

in the terms of cutlers career it could be the most expensive thing they've ever done. i couldn't believe they traded him. its like, you could have had years of that kid, and that was the anchor of the team. in time jay cutler could prove to be worth more than 22milli.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
tonight =

Jets @ Ravens.

Wow, the Bengals beat the Jets?

that's a surprise!

actually, there were a lot of games i missed on the bus that would have been excellent to watch!

damn!

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
OMG THE GAME LAST NIGHT.

talk about good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was more like a reg season game, not pre. it was just blitz blitz blitz!

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegEnigma View Post

I'll be rooting for the University of Michigan and the Detroit Lions. They can't do much worse than last season...
i'm in a house in ohio. them is fightin' words yo.

game tonight!

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegEnigma View Post

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i guess it really doesn't matter because neither one of these boys knows jack **** about football. and i really don't care about the big ten. i'm all about SEC.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
this weekend there is a virginia tech vs. alabama game which will be AWESOME.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
for being "the crown jewel" of the big 10, ohio played terribly today.

they lost a 15pt lead and there was a point where it looked like they were going to win only by a single point, if they won at all. jeez.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
uh, there were moments in the LSU game were i was very angry, but i had to give my boys a break - they had never travelled that far, it was a different timezone, i tried not to hate on them too much, or freak out otomiks friends who i was meeting for the first time by screaming my head off. too much happened in that game that made LSU look foolish, i am too proud of that team for them to behaving in such a manner!!!!

but.

yes, bama beat Vtech, yeah i expected that, there were lots of other games that went on tonight that i was like why is this so close?!

and then it was great to see those scores that were like 72-0. seriously? don't even wake up in the morning.

·
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
i think that there was talk of reforming the way college football works with that BCS stuff, but who knows if that will ever happen?

and with oklahoma drop down a #?!?! how could the 3rd ranked team lose like that?

those in norman are quite upset today.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts