VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hah! Even Food Network can't ignore the love of vegan baking!
It airs at 8:00 eastern standard time.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
and 8:00 Pacific time as well.

I was going to post something about it but silva beat me to it.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

And, I saw this post too late!
They repeat shows quite frequently. Unless I'm right about them being conciously anti-veg*n.
Food Network has no veg shows, and seems to go out their way to make veg*n diets seem unreasonable.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

They repeat shows quite frequently. Unless I'm right about them being conciously anti-veg*n.
Food Network has no veg shows, and seems to go out their way to make veg*n diets seem unreasonable.
Yep, while looking for the cupcake show I saw an episode of Come Dine with Me and one of the families made all vegetarian meals (even though they're not veg) and everyone complained about being so meat deprived and basically laughed at them for not having real food.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Does the food network have any dedicated vegetarian or vegan shows?
Not currently. They had a vegan show years ago but it was never promoted as vegan, it just was. A while ago there was a one hour special called "Veg Edge" aired on FN's Cooking Channel.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have found a PBS show called the Jazzy Vegetarian! She cooks all vegan foods, and the two shows I've seen were very good.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Not currently. They had a vegan show years ago but it was never promoted as vegan, it just was. A while ago there was a one hour special called "Veg Edge" aired on FN's Cooking Channel.
Oh, yeah, I saw that. I remember Isa was in it. And like silva says there's some veg*n cooking shows on pbs. Haven't found one I liked though. If only Alton would become a vegetarian (you know, and actually start making shows again instead of being a ****ing announcer for top chef).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts