VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone else has any food intolerances or allergies? I recently found out I am intolerant to wheat, cows, milk, corn, durum wheat, egg and potato, most of which where a surprise to me. I am currently trying to cut out wheat as that seems to effect me worst but finding it hard as it's in so much and I don't have much money to spend on specfically wheat free foods

·
Registered
892 Posts
Is it the wheat gluten you're reacting to? What nutrients are you looking for? Because fiber can be found in fruits and veggies.
I have intolerance to peppers and onions. Depending on the day I can't eat food cooked in oils or vegan margarine.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Eggplant. If I eat it I get diarrhea for like a week. Arbitrary, I know, but nothing else seems to bother me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gulten didn't show up on the test, just wheat. Apparently they are different, I thought before that it was the gulten in the wheat people where intolerant too but been told you can be intolerant to wheat itself too. Finding it quite hard, easy to avoid the food itself but as an ingrediant there in so much :s I managed to avoid it for a few days and in someways found I felt worse than when I was eating them just in different ways. I read that's quite normal though, sort of like a withdrawal.
Am trying to find recipes of what to cook, I can't really afford lots of fancy ingrediants and ready prepared foods (and don't like the idea of loads of additives etc) I feel bad that this could end up taking up our spare money and mean I can do less with my children

From what I've been reading I think my son may have a wheat intolerance too, he is practically addicted to bread. That's going to be hard to stop as he is only for and on the autisic spectrum and isn't going to understand why he can't just have the normal things he loves and are routine

·
Registered
765 Posts
try 100% rye bread, brown rice,

Quick meals, Rye Rolls Toasted with PeanutButter or Avo, Hummus, Brown rice, then use any pasta sauce and add in veg and eat it on the brown rice instead of pasta or try maize pasta or rice cakes.

Onions are the worst for me and cucumber repeats on me the whole day.

Wheat makes me bloat like a balloon and also any white refined foods.

Maybe Smoothies will also be an option for you

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought some rice flour today so that opens up some options. I have pasta made from rice which is nice so the rice flour should be ok too. I'm still confused over whether maize and corn are the same thing so not sure if I'll be ok with maize or not. I don't like drinking any thick liquids like milkshakes or smoothies but could probably dilute it down. I do like fruit and herbal teas, hot or cold

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
sounds like you just need to follow a whole food gluten free vegan diet then! have you been to the site www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com? Tons of recipes on there for you. You'll just have to omit potato and corn.....how about sweet potatoes which have better nutrition in them anyway?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the link, looks great
I have been thinking about becoming vegan on and off for a while and had thought that it would help. Is gluten free the same as wheat free? Seems that some people say it is and others not. The test I had tested for both seperately

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What tests did you have done? I went to an allergist who determined I am allergic to almonds, but I would love to know if I have any intolerances. I suspect wheat/gluten.

I have Oral Allergy Syndrome and at certain times of the year I can't tolerate the raw version of apples, peaches/nectarines, cherries, blackberries, plums...I think that's it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.