VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I need some advice.

At the moment I start my day with filter coffee and rye roll with avo and hummus.

I was thinking, rather to have a Soya Strawberry Protein Powder, Banana, Berries, Berry Juice Smoothie to kick start the day.

Then I will do my Rye roll with a snack at 11;00.

I always make my roasted veg at night but was thinking of making an extra section to have with my lunch.

Then getting home after work another YUMMY SMOOTHIE PROTEIN shake.. must learn to expirement. see a lot of you drink spinash in your smoothies. mmmmmm wonder how that taste?

Dinner is usually some beans, brown rice, nice cook in sauce and different veg.

I am going to keep a food journal to see what foods give me the most energy.

Really would love to give up caffeine and sugar as they drain my energy even thou they give me a quick fix.

I really do want to get my energy back.

Also felt better when my husband gave me Vitb12 injections, think must start that weekly again. OUCH....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I usually drink a green spinach smoothie in the morning, have some sweet fruit in it for a extra energy kick and you don't taste the spinach in it if you don't like it to have a strong spinach flavour. it's very nice

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you use any spinash?

i really think the smoothie way is the way for me to get some energy back.. also finding ways to deal with stress and cutting back on caffeine

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I don't think the protein powder will help with energy, but maybe it will keep you fuller longer. I'd suggest greens instead.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Penny , the soya protein is not really for energy but just to help get in extra protein for the day.

I got vanilla soya protein powder, banana, spinash, avo, 100% tropical juice and berry juice as well as frozen berries.

This weekend I am going to start experimenting, also have grounded almonds... deciding to add that in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's a pain though I could actually post some to you if you could get the money to me - I have paypal and could find out how much postage would be

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Maybe we can find out but probably a fortune to convert pounds to south african R - but alas maybe u can find out!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AWESOME-NESS so exchanged my morning filter coffee with green smoothie and boy oh boy can I feel the difference in my energy levels. NO BUZZ no anxiety. I feel very chilled out.

Takes me a bit longer to wake up but that is fine..

def going to keep it up.

So nice to have found something that works for me.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croxus View Post

I usually drink a green spinach smoothie in the morning, have some sweet fruit in it for a extra energy kick and you don't taste the spinach in it if you don't like it to have a strong spinach flavour. it's very nice
What do you put in your smoothie? I start out with half a bottle of one of those green drinks and usually add kale, spinach, and gingerroot. Right now, I am also putting in grapes because they are cheap. I am curious what others do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

can you use any spinash?

i really think the smoothie way is the way for me to get some energy back.. also finding ways to deal with stress and cutting back on caffeine
Baby spinach tastes more like spinach in the smoothies they are also harder to blend if you only have a crappy hand blender like I do.
Remember caffeine kills iron which you get from the smoothie, so try to keep off the coffee for 1-2 hours before after you drink the smoothie and take your vitamins. That was a tip I got atleast. You could always drink ginger tea instead, gives a lot of energy as well

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

What do you put in your smoothie? I start out with half a bottle of one of those green drinks and usually add kale, spinach, and gingerroot. Right now, I am also putting in grapes because they are cheap. I am curious what others do.
at the moment I am doing a very simple spinach, banana, peach and orange juice smoothie for the mornings. I have grown quite fond of this smoothie, but I will get to the experimenting once I get my hands on some ripe autumn apples and pears. mmm...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi Croxus - i gave up caffeine and feeling much better - i found the perfect spinash for my smoothies (not baby spinash) thank heavens.

I add soya protein powder in so its a bit thick to add in banana.

I find that its a bit hardcore first thing in the mornings so I was thinking of having my toast when I wake up and then a bit later when my stomach is prepared have the smoothie.

Can't believe how great the smoothies are for energy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
still on a mission to find Kale... so hard to find it here in South Africa - Cape Town , it is maybe called something else?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yah i put soya protein in my smoothie so its very thick and that dont sit too well in my stomach so early

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Check out the green smoothies thread in the Raw forum! Lots of good ideas there

I need to start drinking more green smoothies! I have added spinach, kale, swiss chard, etc. to my smoothies and they are always delicious!

Also, do you spell spinach "spinash" in South Africa? (I don't mean to be rude, I am genuinely curious!)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wish i could say yes. But I just made a spelling mistake.
PS. note to self do spell check before posting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts