VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been eating a ton of food lately and i cant help it, even if im not hungry, im not overweight but i have gained and ive been trying to loose weight. does anyone know why this could be happening and how i could help it?!?!?!?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
ok well lets cover some bases, how do you know you need to lose weight?

what kinds of foods do you eat (like a rundown of a day of meals)?

some quick suggestions are to drink more water. drink an entire glass of water anytime you feel like eating and are not really hungry. occupy yourself with projects, often this type of eating is out of boredom, if you are super busy you don't have time to eat just because.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Could be stress. I binge when I'm stressed. Exercise helps releive stress and keep me healthy, but even so I still binge when I feel strong negative emotions. Maybe you're like me?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I merged the two threads you started together, stitches96. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah&me View Post

is your diet balanced? are you getting all the vitamins/minerals/protein/carbs/fat you need?
yes i get my protiens and carbs and plenty of fats, and i take a multivitamin that has basicaly 100% of all of the vitamins i need

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lovourmother,

well, im starting to look pretty bad, i didnt gain much weight but i would like to get back down, im about 5.5 maybe less maybe more and im past a bit past 140 pounds. i would like to be anywhere between 125 and 135, just to fit better in my clothes and feel better. i try not to go to extreme because i started developing an ED and am still kind of recovering but im eating plenty of calories now and try not to obsess. maybe it is out of boredom or stress, and im going to try to lower my snacks and use that water trick.

my meals change everyday but ill eat something around this

breakfast-cereal or oatmeal sometimes pancakes
lunch- whatever i can eat at my school, or sandwhich (pb+j or veggies) fruit/vegetable and some sort of grain
dinner-spaghetti or beans and rice, or vegetarian chili or whatever my parents make if i dont prepare the meal
snacks- vary in snacks...usually leftovers or anything i have a craving for that we own

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can blame a little bit of the weight gain on the fact that i havent been able to exercise because i just recovered from surgery but i still need to manage my binging. i should be back in gym class fairly soon

·
Registered
892 Posts
When my friend recovered from surgery last year she ate a lot more than her usual amount for the first couple of months, surgery of any kind is invasive for your body, so its normal to crave food. Try eating a lot of fruit, veggies, healthy snacks when you get food cravings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you, i will try my best with that. So far today(its morning here) ive been on track. i had a big, but very healthy breakfast and turned away at cookies

-eggwhites(eeeew i hate eating eggs, but we have nothing else because we have to go shopping...wish it was tofu)scrambled in with veggies, then since it was small i had a serving of cottage cheese with mandarin oranges. i didnt overeat and im full

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the EXACT same problem. Im a very healthy eater. I only drink water no fruit juices or coffees or teas and Im lactose intolerant which excludes chocolate and ice cream lol but there are some times (particulalry of late) that I go 'crazy' for want of a better word, and I eat eat eat junk in a short amount of time. It is usually when I have heaps on my mind or have not had enough water during the day. Also, boredom can be a contributing factor. I gained about 3kg from this recent binge fest. It does not feel good, I know. Keep in mind, it can sometimes also be due to hormonal changes.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Definitely try out more green salads and green smoothies. You will fill filled. Make a smoothie in the morning and take in a bottle to the school. I even used to take smoothies to my workplace but then I brought there another blender so I can have access to instant vitamins and share with my coworkers, too.

If you eat lot of sugar, you will want more salty foods and vice verse. As well fatty food brings craving to sugar and salt. So moderate, natural whole food taste will slowly liberate you and let you get the optimal weight. Good luck and smiles!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts