VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's sad. I understand that the snakes must eat, but putting the mice in there where they have no chance of escape like they would say, if they'd been in the wild, seems a little disturbing to me. For that reason I would never keep a snake. But, ones that are already domesticated have to eat.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'll never forget the look of horror I had on MY face when I was crashing through some brush and got tangled in a "briar", only to glance back and see that I was dragging along a 4 ft. copperhead that had latched onto my jeans and was doing his damndest to kill me. Unfortunately for him it didn't work out as he had planned . . .

I would never live with a snake. The only thing I would ever feed one is a load of shot. I try to be more understanding and attune to nature when I encounter one in the wild but if they get aggressive, it's lights out time . . . .

I know this is just prejudice that is likely based on fear. That doesn't change my reaction though . . . .

·
Registered
0 Posts
"I think it is very sad and I would never keep a snake, either.

There is a scene in Roger and Me...with a bunny. I will never forget the look of absolute fear on the bunny's face as it realized it is about to be eaten by a snake"

i watched roger and me in a class that was taught by my advisor and when it got to the bunny part, he covered my eyes. hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts