VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hubby and I are going to Mexico the first week of November and staying at an all-inclusive. I'm worried that there won't be enough vegan choices other than eating pasta with marinara sauce from the buffet for 8 days in a row. Anyone have experiences at all-inclusives they can share?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I had that exact experience. I went to Aruba - all inclusive resort, and I ate pasta and french fries all day. They had some things like beans and rice, and fruit- but the fruit was old and gross and the rice tasted like butter so I avoided it.
I packed a box of Luna bars and it got me what I needed.

A good idea is to talk to concierge and ask if they can accommodate you- most will- my resort said they could not make me special meals without paying $$$.

I also found out a lot of their all inclusive fruity drinks had milk or cream in them- I asked the bartender to make them without it. Something to check out- I know most resorts just hand a bunch of drinks out and you don't get to see them make it.
Maybe try leaving the resort for a meal once or twice if there isn't any options for you. Just learn some vegan spanish phrases such as "no dairy or eggs"

Good luck- it will still be beautiful!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycakes View Post

I ate pasta and french fries all day.
I can't put up with doing that, it ruins a holiday for me, so after a few frustrating experiences at resorts, I book apartments now rather than a hotel room if it's going to be more than a 2 day stay, so we can do our own cooking some of the time.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
even before i was vegan or vegetarian i refused to eat pork because i love piggies so much.
for some reason when i went to mexico last march with my fiance most meat dishes had pork.
so i relied on frenchfries, bahama mamas ,fruit (so fresh!), and pizza, cheese quesadillas.
now that im vegan im afraid that its going to suck balls.
my wedding is in mexico oct 2012.
they have a vegetarian menu but no vegan >.<
im gonna have to request it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.