VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
The whole north east seems to be missing (unless i missed something). I'd guess bostonians are middle of the road. I've reviewed real fat maps before and the north east usually trails behind in fat trends...which is good. I also heard last year that boston is the fastest moving city in the states...from how fast we talk, drive walk etc. I was surprised. I expected NYC to win that one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I live in the second fattest city. A few years ago we were first. That's what happens when a city is anti-pedestrian and starts every morning with a few greasy bacon and egg breakfast tacos. I'm glad I'm moving.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lol even though seattle does rate pretty high in fitness...we do falter in the lists that count the amount of caffiene consumed by people...darn starbucks.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nori_roll View Post

Wow, every major city in texas is listed under the fattest category except for Austin. Ah, home sweet home.
I sometimes think that Austin isn't really "in" Texas. It is so very different from your typical Texas city. I have a cousin who lives there and pointed out that Austin is generally quite proud of it's "weirdness."

I'm surprised that Birmingham, AL isn't on the list.

I thought Florida had a problem with obesity but Alabama is really blowing me away. Especially the number of overweight and obese children. Of course seeing what Southern "Cuisine" consists of ... it's no wonder.

I hear often from people here that my daughter is "so thin" or "too skinny." She's 4' 9.5" and weighs 80 pounds. She has a BMI of 17.0 and 6 pack abs. She's going back to being vegetarian with me (by her choice) and she is very physically active. Someone even asked me if I feed her enough.

Clearly we have a very warped perception of what a healthy weight looks like.

Or maybe it is that she looks too skinny next to her clearly too fat mom.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I was in Austin about a month ago. I took a stroll around. It seemed like a fun city though i didn't get to spend a lot of time yukking it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts