VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been taking One a Day Teen Advantage complete multivitamin for about a year.<br>
Ive been meat free for 2 almost 3 weeks now.<br>
I was totally sprized to see "Contains: Fish (cod, pollock, haddock, hake cust, redfish, sole&flounder)"!<br>
I check 2 other multivitamins in the house and they say similar things!<br>
Is this common? Anyone able to point me to a fish free multivitamin?<br>
thanks!! have a good dayy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately, yeah. It's pretty common for products artificially enriched with Omega fatty acids to have that come from fish sources. I remember I bought some fruit juice once that said it had Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Wasn't until later that I checked the ingredients list and flinched a little.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Stores specializing in health food or natural foods, like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or a local food coop, will have options that are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. (Many multivitamins also contain gelatin).

·
Registered
85 Posts
I buy Deva brand (they have a bunch of different options). You can also try Raw One. My younger brother is 15 and just went veg too, and his Dr recomended Raw One. Best of luck! I know how sneaky companies can be--you can find fish oil, gelatin, etc in the oddest places! You just have to learn to read everything, learn from any slip-ups and not beat yourself up over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts