VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
That would be last Thanksgiving for me. I was only vegan for about 6 weeks and pretty clueless. I purchased a Quorn roast and found out later it wasn't vegan. I made a really good nut loaf, Baked Shells stuffed with tofu ricotta, a tofu cheesecake and vegan choco chip cookies. And I even had omni family members try some of my vegan stuff! All in all, a very nice day. And it was Sabrina and Dave's first time hosting the dinner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It was 9 years ago. I ate mostly side dishes. My sweet Grandma was very careful to set aside veg versions of everything for me (she knew the basic rules because several of her kids were veg in the 60s). I really appreciated how thoughtful she was.

Since then, as I've learned recipes and how to cook, each holiday has been better than the last. At least culinarily.

·
Registered
648 Posts
This Thanksgiving will be my first as a veg. I'm glad to be going to dinner with my best friends' Matt and Rairigh and Rairigh's dad and Matt's mom. I don't think I'll get jostled like I would at my family's (not by my parents or sister, but by relatives).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts