VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the love threads in the Veggie Patch lately, I thought this topic would fit in well. Besides, I'm lonely and bored.

Tell us about your first love.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I was 9. He was lonely and needy. I thought about it for quite awhile, and then I decided to make him mine. At first, he was the epitome of playful. I had so much fun with him! Of the "tall, dark, and handsome" criterion, the only one he was was dark. Jet black actually. This dude loves people more than anything! He won't leave unless I'm with him. He treats my sisters quite kindly, and they love him dearly. Plus, he's faithful to the very end. When I'm not around, he hardly eats because he misses me so much. I give him hugs eeeeeeevery day.

Ok, ok, you figured it out. I'm talking about my dog!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I met mine at kindergarten...

His hair was so soft, and he was quite small and young..

I remember feeding him with a bottle..

And he had the best voice!

Yeah.. it was a lamb!!!! Im pretty sure thats where my love from sheep comes from.. One of my kindy teachers lived on a farm and would bring him into kindy occasionally...

And we would feed him with a bottle, and pat him!

I love him!!!!

Danny

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
We had the sweetest little Boston Terrier named Sissy that used to follow me around and protect me and cuddle me when I was a small child, so that was my first "puppy love". *g*

My first love of the human variety was Jerry, the guy that recently broke up with me. I had boyfriends and girlfriends before him, two of whom I thought that I loved, but when I met him, everything that I thought I knew flew out the window, and I loved him completely and unconditionally. Truthfully, I still do. Part of me always will.

Sadly, that relationship has now ended, but I'm working on mending my heart and moving on with my life. I'm going to be okay. ^_^

·
Banned
559 Posts
i'll stick with the human form.

he's 13 years older than i am, met him when i was 16. saw him at the airport, and the minute i saw him fell in love with him. call me cheesy, but it's true. i spent the summer with him and he was my legal guardian for that time, heh. (it was a volunteer thing with an environmental organization and he was the leader).

i crawled into my sleeping bag every night and dreamed of him. aw, so sweet.

we kept in touch thru the years, writing REAL letters and email and calling occasionaly. when i was twenty i fainlly saw him again, and holy crap sparks flew. much, much happened in the two days we spent together and he robbed me of my innocense, heh
and i was happy about it.

i dated a couple people but was always in love with J. i saw him last march (02) again after a year or so and had such an amazing time. the chemistry and the history between us is awsome. we saw eachother often last year and i finally told him i loved him last june.

after 5 years of having that inside me if felt so damn good to get it out. i honestly did, and do love him. i always will.. he'll always be that guy i love. and he knows that. i have spilled my heart out to him.

if there were not a distance thing, i know we'd probably be together, but it's just not feasible. he tells me we would be together, but that long distance thing is no good (and it's LONG distance).

i'm all right with this, like i said, we have talked indepth about our relationship and our hypothetical relationship and thank god we are able to do that. we are also best friends and he knows me better than anyone, better than myself probably, heh.

but yes, he's definitely my first love.

i loved my last boyfriend with all my heart too. so i've felt the love thing twice. it's good to know what it feels like so i don't confuse it. i thought i was in love one other time, but it was a pity love.

ah..love. i can definitely see myself falling in love with the current boyfriend. but i'm trying to hold back and not fall so fast into that.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'll stick with the human too.

This was puppy love, nothing real or lasting. He was in the same grade, I'd liked him for a while, we flirted during maths, at grade 12 camp we snuggled up and got cosy (nothing happened at all!) and then after that he said he was with another girl so we coldn't get together. Anyway I got really upset, until a few months later when he decided he didn't really like the other girl as a girlfriend so we got together. He was also my first. But he was emotionally very immature and manipulative and I eventually broke it off. It lasted 16 months, and I broke up with him when things were starting to get better, because I realised how bad he was for me. Hmmm, just deleted a bit too much information about that!
But I did think I was in love with him for ages... I went through the "maybe in the future we'll get together" stage... bleh!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Mr. Alpaca.

Note that it might not have been the fault of the girl/s. It might have been me being unable to feel the love. Too much stuff in my head, too bad karma around me. I hope to do better in future, though!

I think I never had the naive kind of puppy love for any chick/woman - at least never for longer than say 2 days...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It lasted from when i was 15 til 19 and i can't say i'll ever get over him although in the end he was quite cruel.

Sorry you wanted happy stories didn't u?

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Hm. It was very High School. Prom date and all of that. Nothing special. Your basic story: Girl sees boy. Girl says "mrow." Girl wears short skirts to class every day and lightly "brushes lint" off boy's shoulder. Boy finally gets clue and says "oh, I can get some." They lived happily ever after.

At least til college when girl finds new hunk.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by blueserendipity

Sorry you wanted happy stories didn't u?
No. Happy is good, but too much of it makes me want to hurl. Mine isn't a happy story either.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My first love was Fonzie from Happy Days. I was 3, I believe. I put Fonzie stickers all over my bedroom furniture and my parents were none too happy with me.

My first love that was actually someone I knew was this guy in my 4th grade class. He was good at art and was funny, but he thought I sucked. Probably b/c I kept pestering him and putting obnoxious love letters in his locker and stuff. So, to make him jealous, I "went with" this guy named Brad. That was a short-lived romance, though--he wanted children right away and I didn't, so we broke up during reading class. **sigh** Are all kids weird or was it just me?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Until recently I had pretty much resigned myself to being the crazy lady with 40 cats (or alpacas). I've had tons of crushes but they were all one-sided. (Well, except one. I look forward to seeing where that goes.)

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Ahh, can I remember back that far? He was an older man of 16 and I was about 4. Our parents were working the crops for a neighbor farmer. Bob found a small pumpkin, cut out a jack-o-lantern right there in the field just for me. I thought he was wonderful. That memory still is very dear to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, we were both 13. We went to the same school, but that's not how we actually met. Well, I used to hang out at the mall alot when I was younger. The day we met, my brother and I were at the mall and we saw these 2 guys a few other times there. While we were walking they came up behind us and sprayed us with silly string! What a icebreaker!

Anyways, we all got to talking. One of them was 15, same as my brother, and the other was 13. Later that night(I think) my brother was talking on the phone with my soon to be boyfriend, and he told my brother that he liked me, I was sure happy! So at school we started writing notes to eachother, and one day in a note he asked me out.

On valentines day that year, he got me a big heart shaped box of chocolates and a chocolate rose, how sweet! All I gave him was a heart shaped paper that said 'happy valentine's day'.
He even showed me a little of his boxers that were valentine's themed! lol

We shared our first kiss together.
At least I think it was his first. lol

Here comes the bad part, I actually broke up with him. The worse part is I started going with someone else the next day! I know, evil me! We eventually got back together, but it wasn't the same. After awhile we went are own ways. *sad*

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I thought I was in love at least three times, but I know now that the first was lust, and the second was a different kind of love.

Neither of the two can compare with what I feel now, so I can safely say that if what I feel right now is not love, it doesn't exist. I've never loved someone so completely and unconditionally until now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts