VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, I made my first polenta pizza. I used meatless pepperoni, soy cheese, and rice cheese. It would be 100% passable if the polenta crust wasn't soggy. I spread it out and baked it first, but it was still soggy. Overall, however, I'd have to give myself a B-. The crust was the only giveaway that it wasn't a "regular" pizza.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good for you!! I haven't tried making it with polenta, but I have made a crust with millet and it was really good. It takes a while for it to dry out and lose the sogginess, and I could see polenta being the same way... Did you try putting parchment paper under it when you first spread it out? I find it helps if I do that, and then halfway through baking I take it out of the pan/sheet and just put the paper straight onto the oven rack. Helps it dry out more

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyvegan View Post

Good for you!! I haven't tried making it with polenta, but I have made a crust with millet and it was really good. It takes a while for it to dry out and lose the sogginess, and I could see polenta being the same way... Did you try putting parchment paper under it when you first spread it out? I find it helps if I do that, and then halfway through baking I take it out of the pan/sheet and just put the paper straight onto the oven rack. Helps it dry out more
I didn't think to use parchment paper...that's a good idea! I will definitely try it next time!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.