VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this will sound like a petty problem, but after I am using Firefox for a while, it will suddenly interpret certain keyboard strokes as if they were equivalent to the Ctrl+F "Find in Page" function, and so the rest of what I am typing will appear in the Find in Page search window. The keystrokes most commonly "misinterpreted" are the apostrophe--can't--and the forward slash--3/4ths. (So I sort of become like Mr. Data from Star Trek: TNG and am unable to use contractions.)

Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to cure it? I suppose I could close down Firefox and then re-open it, or else reboot, but these are usually fairly inconvenient when I'm in the middle of a post.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
This used to happen to me, but it hasn't in a while. Are you using the latest version of FF? I was thinking it was something they fixed, but if you have the latest version and it is still happening, then I don't know why it is still happening to you and not to me.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post

This used to happen to me, but it hasn't in a while. Are you using the latest version of FF? I was thinking it was something they fixed, but if you have the latest version and it is still happening, then I don't know why it is still happening to you and not to me.
What version number are you using? Mine is 1.5.0.9, and when I checked for updates, it said there were none. (But I'm using a Win ME machine if that means anything.)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I use version 2.x Not sure exactly the version number, as I am on my work PC right now.(which uses IE)

Strange that it won't see any updates, because 1.5 is quite an old version.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

That always happens to me, I'm so tired of it. I have Firefox 2 but it still happens, I can't figure it out.
It's a bug on their side. Not something you can really avoid. I know! Never do a "find in page"! That's when the problems begin: after you've searched a page for something.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I had that. It has to do with some disability feature. I will look for it. Or that might have been the page skipping around problem?

ETA- I had that problem and I remember it going away with an update. This diability thing was the page skipping around.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
It's a known bug. It happens if you are typing something while the page is still loading. The temporary solution is to not start typing anything until the page is completely loaded. Try it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

It's a bug on their side. Not something you can really avoid. I know! Never do a "find in page"! That's when the problems begin: after you've searched a page for something.
Exaaaactly! As soon as I hit ctrl+F I think, oh #!#@%!

hehe

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
That's weird. I've used Firefox on 4 different operating systems, and haven't had any troubles.

<<<<Googles

1 - 14 of 14 Posts