VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the new Firefox 2.0.

But especially the spell check feature that's built in. It's already saved me from 4 embarrasing (oh look, it just underlined the word embarrasing and is suggesting that I add another S... bah) blunders on this message board today.

I also like the subtle look changes, the integrated X's on tabs, and best of all the Restore feature for when I shut it down abruptly.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I switched back because of the tab changes. On the current version there is one X on the right side to close tabs. In the new version each tab has an X. To close a bunch of tabs you have to move your mouse to each tab and click it. I use quite a few tabs and found myself closing windows I wasn't ready to close yet. So unless someone comes out with an add-on that addresses that I'm sticking with the current version.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can go into the Options menu and change it back to the old way if you prefer. But I had always used the Tab-X extension, which puts the X on each tab. So this version just basically built in the Tab-X extension which was good news for me. I hated having to switch focus to the tab I wanted to close before being able to hit the X. However that option is still available in 2.0 for those that prefer it (options > tabbed browsing > display options > show closure buttons).

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I'm definately downloading this and giving it a go ASAP. I've been using Mozilla/Firefox for so many years now. I'm just waiting till the weekend when I install my new hard-drive and operating system. *taps her foot impatiently*

·
Registered
369 Posts
I downloaded Firefox over the weekend and am enjoying it so far... it feels much nimbler than IE. My only concern is that there seems to be no way to immunize it against tracking cookies. When I run spybot I keep seeing the same cookies over and over again, whereas this doesn't happen with IE. This is a minor tradeoff though, for the quicker response I seem to get from Firefox.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I haven't downloaded it yet, but if there's Xs at the top of each tab, that's awesome! I hate right clicking every time I want to close a tab!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I love the new FF.

But on the older version, all you have to do is middle click on the tab to close it, and middle click on links to ensure they open in a new tab instead of a new window

(In some cases, middle click is clicking down on the wheel on wheel mice.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post

I love the new FF.

But on the older version, all you have to do is middle click on the tab to close it, and middle click on links to ensure they open in a new tab instead of a new window

(In some cases, middle click is clicking down on the wheel on wheel mice.)
Oh my gosh.. are you serious???

Wow! It worked!

I didn't know that. I feel so dumb.
Thanks for sharing that.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post

You can still do that on vs2.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I want to use FireFox too! :angry:

So I was trying to put FireFox on the computer at work. I haven't been able to do so though. It loads and says it can't load the page. It says to check my firewalls but there isn't anything weird there.

It is a company computer though and there might be a block on it.

Any help? Using IE on this computer sucks.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimra View Post

I want to use FireFox too! :angry:

So I was trying to put FireFox on the computer at work. I haven't been able to do so though. It loads and says it can't load the page. It says to check my firewalls but there isn't anything weird there.

It is a company computer though and there might be a block on it.

Any help? Using IE on this computer sucks.
I can't use FF on my work PC either

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
My favorite theme hasn't been updated yet, so I have no xs for closing tabs. I have to right click each one. I am hoping my theme updates soon. I might just install the tab x until then.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I just upgraded to 2.0. Like it a lot so far, and was happy to find that my extensions and theme had upgrades too. Only gripe so far is that Alt+S to submit a post on VB isn't working, it opens a pop-up window or something.

Anyone know if there's a way I can fix the keystroke to work?

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, there is a way to get around that Brandon. It seems to annoy a lot of people using VB message boards. You can use Shift+Alt+S to submit a post, or here's a fix:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution from another board View Post

Simply type in "about:config" on the address bar and find these two values: ui.key.chromeAccess and ui.key.contentAccess. By default, the former says "4" and the latter says "5." Just reverse the two values to restore the former default behavior. It's a simple fix.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.