VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
This isn't much of a surprise to me because, apart from the whole lack of sun thing that the Scandy countries have got going on, (which is really weird
), socially speaking, they are WAY more evolved than everyone else.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but I bet most of them eat fish. Still, it's progress.
Do you have any reason to think that about this particular situation, like looking at the data the reporters did? If not, then you are being a debbie downer. If so, then you are just being reasonable.

·
Registered
25,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanocobalamin View Post

Do you have any reason to think that about this particular situation, like looking at the data the reporters did? If not, then you are being a debbie downer. If so, then you are just being reasonable.
Just the prevalence of people who think vegetarians eat fish + the fact that that news story at no point clarifies how 'meat' is defined.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
6,001 Posts
When I read this thread, the first thing that came to mind was no way. Sure it'd be nice if it was true, but I'm willing to bet that a large number do not consider fish as meat. Scandinavia largely bases fisheries as a source of income, so it would be very surprising if almost 400,000 people in Finland didn't eat any meat like the article says.

But it's great that people are increasingly becoming aware about the practices.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanocobalamin View Post

Mods, please move this thread to "Veg/Animal Issues In The News"

The list of subforums is so long I missed seeing it when I went looking for a spot to put this post.
Done. In the future, report your own post to make sure that one of us sees it quickly. We don't necessarily get a chance to read every thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.