VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An animal died in my tool shed. Must be a small animal. Probably a baby squirrel. I can smell it, but I can't see it. Umm, I'm not at all happy with the smell. How do I find the cadavar, so I can remove it?

The tool shed has shelves on 2 walls, and tools hanging from the other 2 walls. It must be parked behind a box on one of the shelves. I don't want to remove every single item off every single shelf, in order to find it -- this would take a week.

Is there some kind of electro-mechanical device that locates dead things by their smell? I can't tell where it is with my nose, only that it is somewhere in the shed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
my best suggestion: get a dog to sniff it out. if you don't have a dog, ask a friend who has one if you can borrow his dog's nose for an afternoon. hope that helps!

sorry about the yuckiness....i know that smell, and it's absolutely haunting. when i was in junior high, a rat or mouse got into the heating system, and got cooked, and the smell got pumped throughout the entire building.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by soilman

[B

Is there some kind of electro-mechanical device that locates dead things by their smell? I can't tell where it is with my nose, only that it is somewhere in the shed. [/B]
Like on ghostbusters, to find the ghosts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I think there's a device that detects the gases released by a dead creature, but I wouldn't have the first idea how to get a hold of one...

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, well I found a dead baby squirrel. I hope it is the only one.

Unfortuantely, my nose doesn't seem to have the same stereoscopic capabilities that my eyes and ears do. But I kept sniffing around and pulling things off shelves, and eventually I found one dead baby squirrel. I saw all kinds of excited,disgusting wormy insects first, in the general area, and followed them as they got thicker and thicker.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, a better description of what I found was a bunch of wormy insects in the shape of a squirrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts