VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been a vegetarian for 11 years now and today i finally bought some hummus and YUM it is good

i bought some premade stuff, original flavor, to see if i liked it. next time i might try some of the other flavors.

i just ate it on crackers. what are some of your other fave ways to eat it? im not a big pita fan but i might try it on a pita as that seems to be the #1 serving suggestion i have seen so far.

thanks!

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Hummus wraps are always good. I like using the flavored wraps (spinach or tomato). It's not so much that the flavor is improved, I just like color. Hehe.

Or spread on your morning bagel.. Maybe topped with a tomato slice or two.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I make pita chips by ripping the pita into quarters, then splitting the quarters apart a long the arc. I put them in the oven for a little, then flip them. You might like these better than fresh pita.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
yum yum yum

here is an excellent recipe that i make all the time thalia. you might like to try it....

i love freshly sprouted chick peas and they make an excellent hummus

here is a quick and easy recipe for raw hummus!

ingredients:

1 cup of sprouted chick peas

juice of 1 lemon

2 tblsp raw tahini

1 clove garlic

salt to taste

preparation:

mix all ingredients together in a blender and add water to thin it to your desired consistency.

note: you can make this recipe with tinned or cooked chick peas but it's even nicer with freshly sprouted chick peas and you don't lose any nutrients through the cooking process!

·
Registered
0 Posts
OMG, i eat hummus every day

My fav is extra garlicky hummus

I eat hummus on:

vegan veggie pizza (instead of cheese)

Pita bread

Rye bread with long thin pickle slices

on top of chili (instead of sour cream)

on top of beans

on pasta with fried mushrooms and onions (instead of sour cream)

OK i admit it, i'm a hummus addict.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Congratulations - hummus is a staple of my diet - I put it on everything that I can. I especially love hummus on carrots.

Currently I enjoy the premade hummus - I would love to make my own, but don't have a food processor and all the recipes I have recommend using a food processor to make it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts