VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, national media coverage that suggest milk does NOT do the body good after a study from Sweden that followed a huge number of people (one study with 61,433 people and another with 45,339) for 20 years and showed that high milk intake (the current 3 glasses a day recommendation) was associated with a 60% higher risk for developing hip fracture and increased mortality risk.

http://blog.eatplant-based.com/scie...arch-confirms-milk-does-not-do-the-body-good/

Attachments

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
It's about time something was done. There are a couple of generations of propaganda to be overcome.

Reactions: TerriNC

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The Paleo phenomenon, has also seemed to help propagate the notion that added fats (principally fatty dairy products like 'organic grass fed butter' and 'organic whole milk') are important health foods in a so called 'balanced' diet.

I've no idea where this idea that consuming saturated fat, and especially saturated fat from the baby foods of another species, is essential to adult human health. Oh, unless it's from decades of financially motivated propaganda from big agri business in league with government and media? After all, when looked at objectively, it's completely anti-intuitive. Did our ancient ancestors need to chase down the pregnant mammals of other species in order to suckle on them? Was this the secret of our success as a species? I'm guessing not.

More recently I've been questioning the need (for health rather than for flavour) to add any kind of artificially refined fat to one's diet, unless of course you don't already eat a sufficient quantity of nuts, seeds and whole grains? I quite like the flavour that added fats provide, but I try not to indulge too much as don't see them as essential to my health.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts