VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fieldroast.com/

Has anyone tried this? Thoughts?

I had a nibble of it at the Wild Oats Deli where they had prepared it BBQ-style, and I had to do a double-take at the ingredients to ensure it was really meat-free. I'm interested in the deli slices, hopefully they'll taste less plasticy than the Tofurky hickory smoked that I've had in the past.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally managed to find the slices at Wild Oats, and got the Smoked Tomato flavor. They're labelled as vegan, and taste great! I think I prefer it to Tofurky, it seems to have less of a plasticy taste. And at 90 calories & 15 grams of protein a serving, it seems like a winner for me.

· Registered
8,717 Posts
I had it at the Whole Foods in Boston, but we don't carry it at the one I work at in New Orleans for some reason. It was really good, and hearty. It wasn't something that tried to mimic meat, it's just good on it's own.

Tofurky is ok. The stuffing is great and the gravy is really great too. The tofurky itself is kind of rubbery though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.