VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've noticed that I don't go to the bathroom very often anymore, and when I do, it's never very much.... Yesterday I realized that I hadn't had anything pass in two days, and actually had to force my body to pass what I could, which wasn't much at all! I feel alright, don't have any signs of fecal poisoning...

Is this a normal thing? I drink 3 glasses of water a day, and plenty of fiber.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Usually what works for me is drinking coffee with milk (if you're vegetarian). I don't drink coffee so when I do-- it works as a diuretic. You can also use laxatives once in a while.

·
Registered
770 Posts
How long have you been veg*n? If it's only been a short time your body may be adjusting to the new diet. If it's been a while you may want to increase your fruit/vegetable intake like others have suggested along with water. Some people tend to eat a lot more cheese after going veg and this will back you up so if you have increased your cheese intake may want to back off that some as well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasher View Post

yeah, except i learnt the soft way!
yes the hard way meant is that I had to learn from experience with drinking three cups of coffee that went through to me this passed week.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspades View Post

So lately I've noticed that I don't go to the bathroom very often anymore, and when I do, it's never very much.... Yesterday I realized that I hadn't had anything pass in two days, and actually had to force my body to pass what I could, which wasn't much at all! I feel alright, don't have any signs of fecal poisoning...

Is this a normal thing? I drink 3 glasses of water a day, and plenty of fiber.
only 3 glasses of water a day??

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I pass like twice a day lol. I'd suggest upping fiber try maybe adding chia seeds to your diet. You can take like 2 tbsp or so in the morning with water and/or you can just add small amounts to your food. Like if you make a pizza, when you put the sauce on you can add a small handful of chia seeds. They don't really change the flavor and you don't notice them much. Plus, you'll be getting more protien, calcium, and omega fatty acids. Also, more fruits and vegetables and water as already suggested. Good luck

·
Registered
770 Posts
The last few posts have been like if Everybody Poops had been written by Yoda.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
3 glasses of water? You're probably dehydrated.

I do physical work, but I probably drink 10 or more.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Yeah, 3 glasses is not enough at all! I drink way more water than that even when I'm just sitting around all day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.