VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a fever since last night, I'm taking tylenol for it :-( I don't know what its caused by, I don't think I have a UTI or anything. I was having some bad cramping while I slept (not uterine, my uterus was not getting hard, but it was very painful) and I feel pretty nauseous, but I've been nauseous for a few days pretty sure just due to really bad heartburn :-( Anyway just hoping for some advice and should I freak out? I'm about a week shy of my third trimester. TIA

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ask the doc to be safe ! This is not a good time to just "wait & see what happens"...

I am betting on some sort of gastro virus... Hope you'll feel better soon !

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
What sort of temp are you talking about? Agreed that a quick call to the doc is in order. So many things that are fairly insignificant to the mommy can be more troublesome to the one she's growing.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm gonna call in 5 minutes when the NP is available for calls. I meant to put this in the veggie families forum, oops, can someone move it for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doctor said there is a bug going around and that I've probably got it. I'm simultaneously relieved that I don't have to take any antibiotics, and also a little nervous still cause of the similarity of my symptoms to listeria :-( Of course all stomach bugs sound just like listeria too, lol. give me a pep talk and tell me its ok and that my baby won't have listeria and that I don't need to worry!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Are you feeling any better today? Has the fever gone down?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not feeling terribly well today. All I've eaten today is a soy smoothie and a yogurt, and some water. Even still I could throw up pretty easily if I didn't stop myself. Fever I've been treating with tylenol, brought my thermometer with me today and around lunch it started creeping back up past 99F so i took more tylenol :-( She told me not to worry about food for a couple days, but I have to tell you, I feel SOOOOO drained and exhausted, I'm sure its because I'm running off of nothing. I almost fell asleep on the toilet!

ETA (warning, TMI!!!): Forgot to mention that the highest I let the fever get last night before taking something was 99.6F. I threw up this morning, pretty much the ENTIRE contents of my dinner last night - I ate at 6pm and threw up at 6am, and the lentil soup I had made (very mild, very easy to digest) was COMPLETELY undigested. I was shocked. Just trying to stay hydrated at this point. :p

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Bleah. Are you not able to stay home from work?

<<<hates the barf-illnesses. I mean really, give me blood or pus or diarrhea any day. Lol.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
How are things this evening? I would take a day off work .......keep hydrated........that is so very important, and just stick to whatever you can keep in, crackers, toast, whatever works for you.........do you have diarrhea as well as vomiting?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Definitely keep hydrated. The fever doesn't seem to be too much of an issue, but I don't like that you are vomiting. Definitely stay hydrated and keep us posted!! (hugs)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I'm worse today. :-( The fever seems to be going down, which is good (it was creeping up again yesterday afternoon before I vomited again :-( ) and I had bad tummy cramps (not uterus) all night :-( This morning I woke up and felt nauseous still but I've been trying to drink some fluids....

Warning TMI section....

I went to the bathroom and everything was fine (perfectly normal bowel movement).... but I felt bad so I called in to work telling them I might do just a half day today..... well, as soon as I made the call, I couldn't believe it, I um.... leaked.... I ran to the bathroom and passed a not-so-normal (bright yellow) bm.... called my gen practitioner and she said the NOROVIRUS is running around boston like hotcakes.... I wash my hands OBSESSIVELY, how on EARTH could I have caught this??? :-( I have to wait till 11 now to catch the nurse at the OB office cause my gen pract. doesn't want to treat me since I'm pregnant.... :-( I'm staying home and drinking fluids, I tried to eat a peice of toast yesterday but it came right back up :-( I'm worried for my little bean :-( She seems ok, she's still moving around and stuff, but I'd HATE to think she is feeling ill too :-(

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Ah. Noro is sooo contagious. You can even catch it from contaminated surfaces. Apparently, they (it's more that one virus) are quite hearty little buggers. Fortunately though, it only lasts a couple of days, I think, so maybe you're over the worst of it?

Don't worry too much about eating right away. Your munchkin won't starve if you're out of commission for a day or so...our bodies are designed to compensate for stuff like that. If she gets really hungry, she'll just kick ya to let you know, heh. (kidding)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Veggielove, if it's norovirus, the "good" thing is that it passes through you very quickly. We had an infection here in our hospital and most people got well within 48 hours, though they weren't allow to work right away. My test also showed positive though I wasn't feeling sick, I just had a couple of times diarrhea in the afternoon and early evening and in the late evening the stool was normal again. Also our patients got well within 1-3 days and they have problems with their immunesystem (rheumatic diseases and immunecompromising therapies). I hope that the disease runs like this with you and that you'll get well soon!
l

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, I'm totally fine now. I can't believe how yucky it was though! :p Thanks for all your support!!!

Lothar (and anyone else with info) - I'm working pretty hard to make sure my husband doesn't catch this, I'm washing my hands a lot, using antibacterial gel and spraying everything I touch with lysol, lol. How long do I have to do this for, and are there any other precautions I need to take? How long does it live on surfaces (like, can I do any unpacking in rooms we don't often use, or will I just contaminate everything?) Like I said I'm fine today, and yesterday I didn't throw up or have any diarrhea although my tummy was still a little off.....

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Puking is the worst. (bleah)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Veggielove, as long as you are practicing good handwashing and disinfecting stuff that should help..........you can be contagious for a few days sometimes longer after symptoms are gone......tell hubby to also do lots of handwashing.

glad you are better!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts