VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Ive been a vegetarian for 24 years and have been coasting along in a non active vegetarian way and have suddenly felt it neccesary to get more active and get more vocal as I havent in all that time managed to persuade any of my friends to become vegetarians. Although my daughter has been for about 10 years and we see things in the same way. I find it quite depressing that my closest friends including my partner cant see that eating meat is wrong. So I feel I need to connect with like minded people and feel quite ashamed that ive left it this long and its taken me this long to find this forum. Glad I did!

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Must be hard for you when everyone is having their braaivleis. You must be looked at like some kind of weirdo!!!

Welkom!!!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!
If you hang around and post in these forums long enough, I'm willing to bet you'll make some friends.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Hi and welcome! We used to have another South African around, but I think they stopped coming.

Also, there is a local thread for South Africa, in case you haven't found it yet. Not many posters, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

Must be hard for you when everyone is having their braaivleis. You must be looked at like some kind of weirdo!!!

Welkom!!!
Thanks Diana, its not so hard because we dont really have the type of friends that have braai's, but it is fairly disgusting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi snownose sorry I took so long in replying but have been hectic this last week and never saw your post. I am english speaking. What country are you living in now?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm living in the Us.

I wish I was living back home, there's no place like SA! However, I love the US too. I miss my family and friends though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.