VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling hungry is a natural phenomena. It is only in "developed"

countries that we have forgotten what this sensation is all about.

Keep eating raw fruits and vegetables, it is the food that God made. Add raw seeds and nuts, raw corn, raw unprocessed soy beans. Eat lots.

There is protein in a blade of grass. As in each living cell is contained amino acids, the basic building blocks of all life.

It is alright to feel hungry.

Toto

PS: Yes I did use the God word, again.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I get hungry all the time and i live in a developed country. I love to eat so I like feeling hungry, then it feels like such a treat to eat!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I think I need to be hungry. For the past three days I've eaten at the slightest twinge of hunger, and I kind of crave that hungry feeling. I'm not sure why.

lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi Toto.

Quote:
There is protein in a blade of grass.
It's true and it has a nice poetic sound but I'm not sure where you are going with that statement. It certainly doesn't imply that people can eat any kind of plant foods in any proportions and be healthy. There are dietary requirements that must be met to be healthy; one of the most important ones is getting enough calories.

Quote:
It is alright to feel hungry.
Again I agree with you but I don't know if you understand the situation on these boards. There are several anorexic people here. These people need to be encouraged to eat. I certainly wouldn't encourage them to go hungry without eating. Some anorexics have literally starved themselves to death. That's why you see a lot of posts where one person encourages another person to eat more and to eat more high-energy foods.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ok at first i had a big theory written out, and a lot of philisophical opinions on this post. but right now, the only thing i want to say is that raw corn tastes like crap. who eats raw corn.

·
Registered
0 Posts
personally i don't like feeling hungry and i esp. don't like to be starving (which often happens cos i'm usually busy or something when i get hungry). which means i pig out after that. well, i usually pig out on dried fruits or something but still, it's sugar!!!! i wish i could stop it. i love dried figs and dried dates. anyone else here likes them??

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
*waves hand* I am partial to the figs and dates... Actually, I just picked up a bunch of dried figs. Mmm. Healthy snackage for tomorrow. I made a trip to the store after eating stale bread and chocolate all day.

Yah.. I don't like being too hungry. It's nice to have room in the tummy right before dinner time and all, but I'm pretty active. If I'm too hungry during the day, I can't function. I always pack dried fruit and such to avoid this.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yeah right now I like to be hungry when I eat, or at meal time and such, but right now I enjoy not having to be so uncomfortable in starving that I want to pass out.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Good boy, Keegan! That was my biggest struggle: Making the distinction between room for food at mealtime and starving all day.

Once you've got that under control, I think you're straight.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dried figs are my favorite!! But I have a super weakness for dried cranberries. I had a friend who was Jewish...and in memory of her ancestors that starved to death in the death camps, she vowed to never be hungry. And she, amazingly, is not overweight. I think she does what I do. I eat little bits throughout the day.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I think raw corn has a great flavor. Right off the cob with all that corn "milk" -- yummy! Crunchy too.

I would rather feel hungry than stuffed. I hate the feeling of having gone over the edge and had that "one last bite" !! Yuck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts