VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been going to the dr for about a month and a half now for frequent urination and stomach pain when i eat. at first they found bacteria in the urine so i eded up on 3 meds before it was gone and i was good for about a week, then it came back. the test this time found nothing but the man suggested i get tested for diabetes since my mom has it. anyway i wasnt able to get in til today. since that last appt i began getting stomach pain also but initally was told it was heartburn but i have had that before its never been a stomach issue. anyway toady the woman basically dismissed both things saying i apparently recently had a blood or unrine glucose test that was negative, i dont recall this. so also had no ideas what else could be causing my frequency. i am sick of it because i am getting no sleep, i am so overtired its sickening. anywya she also said she didnt feel from my symptoms that anything needs to be done but take antacids for the pain.

i had a dr before helping with this but she left so i been tossed aroudn to new ones. i have no idea what to do, what it could be, i mean if i had a way to fix the frequency i would just do that w/o going in i hate going to the dr anyway. nothin seems to be working though. i found peppermint tea eases my stomach pain but it still comes back.

anyway just wondering if you had any feedback on this, could it be soy or the rice dairy stuff causing this?? should i bring up that i take those things?

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
I was just diagnosed with IC (Interstitial Cystitis) and PFD (Pelvic Floor Dysfunction) and I am now on Elmiron, a med for IC and I have to go on the IC elimination diet as well... which makes plan ole veganism seem sooo easy in comparison!! lol

I'd go to a urologist and talk to him about the pain and frequency. He should have an IC check list for you to take and then he should examine you. I'm having a cystoscopy with bladder distension on the 30th in hope's that it gives me some relief.

There are a lot of foods that can irritate your bladder and cause pain such as coffee, tea, carbonated sodas, tomatoes, soy products, citrus fruits, etc. So just keep going to doctors and explain to them what's going on with you. If one dr doesn't seem to be listening then go to another. I've been telling various GYN's about this issue for about 10 years now and my current GYN is the only on who actually listened to me and she got me help.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Like Hang Ten suggested, don't give up! In the last year we have had a couple people in our family/friends come down with potentially serious things that, had they simply believed the doctor and taken treatment for symptoms, would have become very bad. Sink your teeth in and don't let go - demand help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all

i have made another appt there was nothing open that fit my schedule til next fri though
so i suffer another week. thanks though. i will keep ya posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts