VeggieBoards banner

February Challenge

5K views 134 replies 18 participants last post by  PTree15 
#1 ·
New month, new challenge!

My goals: Lose 6lbs, continue integrating trail running into my routine, be more consistent with weight lifting, and drink more water!

Good luck everyone!

#28 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I'm happier that other bad foods has replaced soda, since that one is pure horror.
What have you replaced it with?

I realized recently that I have managed to eliminate soda entirely from my diet. I may have replaced it by consuming more beer, however. I've been really good, though, in the last month or so about drinking less too, so I'm pretty proud of that at least.

#29 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I had a bad day yesterday

This week has been super stressful and I wound up just snacking on junk to deal instead of making myself go for a run...
I am food motivated when I'm upset, no amount of endorphines from running will stop my need to eat, so I cook instead. Actually, I'll look at recipes from here and try perfecting something that looks tasty, that way I feel like I've gotten to binge, but really I ate a regular sized meal and just got to focus my mind on cooking. It's a hard habit to change, but practice makes perfect.

#30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

What have you replaced it with?

I realized recently that I have managed to eliminate soda entirely from my diet. I may have replaced it by consuming more beer, however. I've been really good, though, in the last month or so about drinking less too, so I'm pretty proud of that at least.
Don't know yet.

Ate some pie today though.

#32 ·
None for me today, either. I was planning to exercise in the afternoon after I went into town and cleaned my place, but my boss called and said she wanted me to come over (it was about 3:30) and they didn't bring me back home until 9:00. Sigh. But I got lots of veggies today, and I did stretch for 20 minutes.

#33 ·
I would like to join again this month. I am on a roll - I've been getting myself to the gym every day and eating boatloads of raw foods. I FINALLY lost 3.2 lbs this week (after a month of raw and no movement on the scale, it just sort of, dropped off haha).

My Feb goal is to lose 3+ more lbs, and increase my stamina while running. I am getting better every day!

#36 ·
Well, I headed out to work and got there at 7:30 this morning, only to realize it's a holiday.
But on the bright side, it meant I was up early like I should be, so I exercised. In total, I did 650 jumping jacks, 200 bicycle crunches, 70 from-the-knee push-ups, 1 1/2 minutes of plank, and just over a minute of whatever it's called where you lie flat and hold your legs out straight at a 45 degree angle from the ground. Then I stretched for 20 minutes.

#38 ·
Despite the cold this morning, I bundled up and went for a nice long walk - The Super Bowl is being held here in Indianapolis and I discovered a huge gathering of Patriots fans when I stopped in the Sheraton to use the bathroom. Now I am trying to relax and read as I wait for kick off

#44 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I guess I'm in this month.

I realized last week that I've actually lost 20 pounds from when I was at my heaviest, about a year and a half ago. Different factors involved- I don't take the medication that made me eat like a mad person anymore, and I've been trying to be more active. (Not much more, but more, nonetheless.)
I want to wean off Zyrtec too
I'm jealous. I'm going to schedule an appointment with my doctor, see if he has anything he can prescribe me for allergies that isn't available over the counter. Nothing else OTC works
I'm hoping that by starting a different medicine that I can wean off Zyrtec without the crazy side effects. If I miss a single day dose, I suffer for 2 days. I start to itch like crazy the night I miss it.

#45 ·
From this terrible cold I've lost 2 pounds, haven't been able to work out and have only been taking liquids
not the best way to lose weight but I'm planning to get back on track as soon as I can breathe without coughing and can stomach solid foods. Blech, lame.

#46 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by be_it View Post

From this terrible cold I've lost 2 pounds, haven't been able to work out and have only been taking liquids
not the best way to lose weight but I'm planning to get back on track as soon as I can breathe without coughing and can stomach solid foods. Blech, lame.
[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]I lost 5 pounds with the stomach flu when I was 18. Kept it off for years too.[/SPOILER]

#50 ·
I went for a 45 minute walk this morning. I might use my bike this evening as well. I have eaten quite a bit today but I always eat more when it's cold. I'm just going to make something low calorie for dinner, either a vegetable curry or a soup and try and stick to green tea and water instead of sugary cups of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I realized recently that I have managed to eliminate soda entirely from my diet. I may have replaced it by consuming more beer, however.

#51 ·
I did 70 bicycle crunches (too sore from yesterday to do more!
) and 1,350 jumping jacks today.
Brings me to a total of 2,000 jumping jacks in two days. I read somewhere that 7,000 jumping jacks = one pound of fat burned. Now, I'm pretty positive that's not true, but I figure 7,000 a week is a good number for me to shoot for. It's something I can do while I watch TV instead of just sitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.