VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had a bad day yesterday

This week has been super stressful and I wound up just snacking on junk to deal instead of making myself go for a run...

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

This week has been super stressful and I wound up just snacking on junk to deal instead of making myself go for a run...

That is ok! You are just super fueled for your next run!

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Yeh you would think and maybe it will work for you! I've never had any luck with it though. I'm not trying to discourage you from walking, it's still really good for you and much more fun than being on the bus and maybe I'm just a weird case
When I was in Russia I lost a ton of weight, and I thought it had a lot to do with the fact that I walked much more than I do when I'm home in the States.

Quote:

Part of the trick of the whole "lifestyle change" thing is to turn working out into your stress reliever, instead of junk food. It's pretty difficult. Try to learn from your mistake and do better next time.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Part of the trick of the whole "lifestyle change" thing is to turn working out into your stress reliever, instead of junk food. It's pretty difficult. Try to learn from your mistake and do better next time.
Yeah, you're right. In general I've been pretty good about this but had a really bad day yesterday.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, you're right. In general I've been pretty good about this but had a really bad day yesterday.
Bad days are also allowed, as long as they only happen very occasionally. Sometimes I would allow myself too many bad days.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm happier that other bad foods has replaced soda, since that one is pure horror.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I'm happier that other bad foods has replaced soda, since that one is pure horror.
What have you replaced it with?

I realized recently that I have managed to eliminate soda entirely from my diet. I may have replaced it by consuming more beer, however. I've been really good, though, in the last month or so about drinking less too, so I'm pretty proud of that at least.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote:

I am food motivated when I'm upset, no amount of endorphines from running will stop my need to eat, so I cook instead. Actually, I'll look at recipes from here and try perfecting something that looks tasty, that way I feel like I've gotten to binge, but really I ate a regular sized meal and just got to focus my mind on cooking. It's a hard habit to change, but practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

What have you replaced it with?

I realized recently that I have managed to eliminate soda entirely from my diet. I may have replaced it by consuming more beer, however. I've been really good, though, in the last month or so about drinking less too, so I'm pretty proud of that at least.
Don't know yet.

Ate some pie today though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well, no exercise yesterday, but today we went sledding. The long walk back up the hill is hard work, especially with a foot of snow on the ground!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
None for me today, either. I was planning to exercise in the afternoon after I went into town and cleaned my place, but my boss called and said she wanted me to come over (it was about 3:30) and they didn't bring me back home until 9:00. Sigh. But I got lots of veggies today, and I did stretch for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I would like to join again this month. I am on a roll - I've been getting myself to the gym every day and eating boatloads of raw foods. I FINALLY lost 3.2 lbs this week (after a month of raw and no movement on the scale, it just sort of, dropped off haha).

My Feb goal is to lose 3+ more lbs, and increase my stamina while running. I am getting better every day!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
My goals for this month:
1) continue to walk at least 10,000 steps a day
2) strength train at least twice a week
3) drink more water and less coffee in the morning
4) control my urges to binge eat on the weekends

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Well, I headed out to work and got there at 7:30 this morning, only to realize it's a holiday.
But on the bright side, it meant I was up early like I should be, so I exercised. In total, I did 650 jumping jacks, 200 bicycle crunches, 70 from-the-knee push-ups, 1 1/2 minutes of plank, and just over a minute of whatever it's called where you lie flat and hold your legs out straight at a 45 degree angle from the ground. Then I stretched for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Despite the cold this morning, I bundled up and went for a nice long walk - The Super Bowl is being held here in Indianapolis and I discovered a huge gathering of Patriots fans when I stopped in the Sheraton to use the bathroom. Now I am trying to relax and read as I wait for kick off

21 - 40 of 135 Posts