VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New month, new challenge!

My goals: Lose 6lbs, continue integrating trail running into my routine, be more consistent with weight lifting, and drink more water!

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I only lost 2 pounds in Jan so I want to lose at least 5 more in Feb. My other goals are to continue with the walking and my exercise bike and eating more raw meals.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Hey, everybody! Good luck in the new month.
My goals for February: Lose 6 pounds; log 1,000 minutes of exercise; drink a minimum of 48 oz. of water a day; log one long walk/treadmill session (at least 5 miles) per week.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Well, I gained even more weight in January, which is not happy making

So, goals:

- lose 6-8 pounds
- run at least 3 times a week
- make it to ballet
- eat more fruit and veg, fewer mountains of fudge

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I am joining this again last month I was really distracted with health issues and house hunting.
I need to be encourage to walk
Eat plant base protein more
get lots of fluids
cut out soda again and Refine sugar stuff
also cut out pizza until I lose weight.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Hey! Didn't do great last month - spent most of the month sick, stuck in other people's houses for a week, and underestimated how tired I'd be adjusting to a new place. But hey, new month, new chance.

Goals for February:
*exercise 15 times during the month
*eat 130 pieces of sweet fruit (avg 4.5 per day)
*stretch for 20 mins 20 times
*more water - I was pretty bad about that this month!

So far, 8 pieces of fruit and 1 exercise session down.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Soon my energy drinks are all but gone.

I don't plan to buy more, but instead stick to caffeine tablets.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I'm kind of hoping I'll do a really big wee and lose 7 pounds and my legs won't be as chunky anymore. I know that won't happen but I can hope!

I'm better at running and running kills my appetite so hoping to stop binging so much now and normalize.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I have to do more exercise tomorrow, it was so cold out today so I only managed 30 mins.

I need a hat to keep me warm.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok, I'm in this month. I have been steadily gaining weight and being lazy.

Feb: Lose 5lbs
Walk 4 days/week
Run 3 days/week

I am already facing a challenge. A huge snow storm is hitting us tonight. I will probably substitute an exercise video for my run tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Probably not going to exercise today, I'll be honest. But I'm going to snack on fruit in a bit, and tomorrow when I go into town I'll buy more.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Might exercise today.

Feel like doing some bench-press.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I hope to get down to 126. Again. I am confused as to why the scale is not moving, since I've been working out religiously, using Sparkpeople a lot, and even started walking either to or from class almost everyday this week, approximately a two-hour walk

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
finally, all of my energy drinks are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I hope to get down to 126. Again. I am confused as to why the scale is not moving, since I've been working out religiously, using Sparkpeople a lot, and even started walking either to or from class almost everyday this week, approximately a two-hour walk
what's your workout?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:

Like you say, muscle

Also, I hate to say it, but I don't think any amount of walking does anything for weight loss. I think walking is brilliant and everyone does it, but for me at least, walking doesn't affect my weight at all (not when I'm walking 2 miles a day, 4 miles, 8 miles or 20 miles a day).

Water retention is another possibility, stay hydrated, especially when working!

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Like you say, muscle

Also, I hate to say it, but I don't think any amount of walking does anything for weight loss. I think walking is brilliant and everyone does it, but for me at least, walking doesn't affect my weight at all (not when I'm walking 2 miles a day, 4 miles, 8 miles or 20 miles a day).

Water retention is another possibility, stay hydrated, especially when working!
You burn more calories walking than sitting on the bus. It makes sense that it would have some effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

what's your workout?
I usually do 30-40 minutes on an elliptical, then about 15 minutes of calisthenics, 3x a week.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have 10 more pounds to lose before my doctor will be happy with me. So I'll post the goals here:
-lose 3 pounds this month (I'm on a plateau so its way hard to lose weight)
-not over indulge when I'm with the man for V day, hype up on fruits before each meal
-get back into work outs 3 times a week

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:

You burn more calories walking than sitting on the bus. It makes sense that it would have some effect.
Yeh you would think and maybe it will work for you! I've never had any luck with it though. I'm not trying to discourage you from walking, it's still really good for you and much more fun than being on the bus and maybe I'm just a weird case

1 - 20 of 135 Posts