• Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favourite season and why?

Mine, at least this year, is Autumn..... it's been a spectacular one here in Sydney. Clear, sunny days (except for a week of rain that had twice the average rainfall for May in two days). but this past week or so has been amazing. And the nights, except for last night and possibly tonight, have been clear (the Stars etc. look amazing) and kind of warm.

I think I like Autumn because things are kind of "winding down". It's only the middle of the year, but it still seems as though as things wind down the year is failing.

I'd say Spring comes a close second to Autumn, but forget about Winter and Summer (in the former I suffer as I feel the cold too much, and during the latter people complain to me because I wear multiple layers of clothing).

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Spring. I love when it starts to get warm and you can stop wearing all that bulky winter clothing and wear the birkenstocks again.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
No not "other" because there are only four seasons.

Maybe "multiple".

Is winter that bad where you live ?

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to opt for the multiple choices but then thought "no, they gotta choose one".

So
to Marie (and hurry up and choose one).

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I voted winter, but autumn is a very close second. I like the change from one to the other.

I like gray skies and clouds. I like the cool winds and how they rustle the trees. I like warming myself from the cold, as cooling myself from heat is nearly impossible and uncomfortable. I like the earthy hues of Fall and the shades in orange of sunsets. I like the crisp clean air that both these seasons bring, and the clear mornings when almost every star and planet can be seen. The moons are brighter. I like how it dusk begins at 4:00 p.m.

I like how trees look as their leaves change colors and then fall off and then look bare.

And, yea, I agree about that winding down feeling.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I love fall because of the colours of the trees and the temperature. Spring is messy and the temperature is never consistent. Winter.. well I live in Canada. Nuff said. Summer.. well I can't stand hot weather. So Fall it is!

·
Registered
0 Posts
This was a hard choice for me because I like Spring and Summer, but I chose Spring because it's not yet too hot (although the abundance of storms is never fun), and because everything is coming to life ... blooming and turning green ... and my favorite color is green. So there you have it. I like being able to slide into some sandals and run out the door instead of having to sock and shoe and coat up to go anywhere. I hate being cold!

I hatehatehate Winter because everything is dead and the days are short and even when it's light out, it's gray.

Autumn depresses me because everything is dying and preparing for winter. Yuck! But I do love having our Halloween party
Beyond that, you can have the rest of Fall and Winter! I don't like Thanksgiving, I don't like Christmas, I don't like New Year's and I don't even like Valentine's Day! Bah! However, St. Patty's Day is kinda fun sometimes and it has some fond memories attached to it, but then again, that's almost Spring.

Okay, I've rambled enough.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Autumn, though spring is a close second.

I like the clouds and the sense of melancholy that hits me in autumn (it's a tad hard to express). I guess I'm a 19th century romantic after all

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i LOVE autum,, its cool, calm almost spooky where i live. I love all the colors and falling leaves...I do however hate what comes after,,,,, I hate winter.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts